I ask here. What downloaded from steam now? downloaded to civ vi development tools

Moderator Action: Moved to Q&A thread. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Spain has Inquisitors with 7 charges. How is that possible? Gov: Theocracy, none of the slotted polcies affect inquisitors. They have Hagia and Mahabodhi.

I once encountered a strange bug where, in the two turns after building, my builder gained two extra charges in each of them. Perhaps it's related?

Can confirm. If within the range of a great General, a catapult can move and attack in the same turn.
I had a catapult at 1 movement and no attack. Moved the general in range, and the attack was available again.

I am new to civ6, just started playing it and I'm on my second game yet. I wonder if anyone has seen a city-state spam all these units (see attachment)? Is this normal? It is a known bug?
I am not using any mods here, just the R&F expansion. The only weird thing I did this game was answer no to an emergency, then subsequently answer yes to the emergency because I changed my mind after answering no later on, in the same turn (I did not get to join the emergency when answering yes to it after I already answered no).

The emergency is no big deal to me. My curiosity is regarding all these Toronto units.

Attachments

• tor_units.png
    tor_units.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 305
I have never seen a city state with scouts, definitely strange bug there.

Does anyway know after how many turns the AI checks for promises? (move army, don't settle)

Indeed you can decide. :)
But you can't actually return it unless as a part of "make peace" propose. Or later, after making peace.

I mean liberate, if some player A takes a city to B. You are in war with A and B. If you take this city to A, can you make it free giving it to B. Will the game propose this choice?

I am a casual player and there is much I do not understand.

1) What is the mechanism that slows me down as I get to more than ten or so cities? How can I counteract it? I mean production and other stuff seems tougher as I build a larger civilization.

2) While I am here, I have long wondered if the Aurora borealis does anything or if it is just pretty.

Many thanks.

I believe it is number of techs/civics researched when building districts. An exploit is to lock in the cost of a district by placing it early, even if you intend to finish building it later. Settler/builder cost I believe is related to the number of prior settlers and builders you built.

2) just pretty. Look for blowing snow as well.

I mean liberate, if some player A takes a city to B. You are in war with A and B. If you take this city to A, can you make it free giving it to B. Will the game propose this choice?
You can trade or even give for free the cities except Capitals.

I am a casual player and there is much I do not understand.

1) What is the mechanism that slows me down as I get to more than ten or so cities? How can I counteract it? I mean production and other stuff seems tougher as I build a larger civilization.

2) While I am here, I have long wondered if the Aurora borealis does anything or if it is just pretty.

Many thanks.

The more cities (over 3 population) you have to more happiness sources you need.
Watch your amenities. If you go negative you start getting penalties to all yields.
I usually try to sit around 1 or 3 positive amenities. (for the 5 or 10% bonuses)

And yes, like already mentioned, the more settlers, workers and traders you build the more expensive they get. It's really noticeable with settlers.

I looked at the Great People and under Great Writer, it says I am prohibited from getting any other Great Writers because I "passed" on getting any more. What did I do? And how do I undo this?

What did I do? I am playing a game in which I apparently did something so that I no longer am able to get GW. It says that I asked not to get any more GW's. What did I do to get this? How can I counteract this?

You probably clicked on « ignore » (don’t remember the exact term) when you had the opportunity to get one. This means you have to wait for someone else to pick this one GW, for the run for the next GW to be initialized.

Portinou is right. You obviously clicked the pass button on the given GW and must wait until another civ picks him/her. Then you will be prompted to accept the next one emerging.
You cant do anything now, except reloading the game.

What are some good mods to make AI more competitive from the middle-game and onwards? I have AI+, but it seems to me plenty of civilizations just don't build large enough armies and are a bit of pushovers.

Can you queue building in C6? Too much micromanagement in the late game for me.

Is there a FAQ/site that describes how theming?

OK, another basic problem. Why do some cities resist religious conversion? I hit it with two triple-strength apostles. Further, it seem my religion is predominant. What is going on here?

OK, another basic problem. Why do some cities resist religious conversion? I hit it with two triple-strength apostles. Further, it seem my religion is predominant. What is going on here?

Do they have the governor Moksha in the city ? If so and he has the Citadel Of God promotion that city will ignore religious pressure and religious combat effects from religions not founded by the owner.

Top Bottom