Random Raves XIX: My nipples explode with delight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PB and Jelly are great I don't know what anyone who says otherwise is thinking :\.
I do enjoy PB and Honey with bananas though xD yummmm

'Jelly'? :huh: Is jam actually like jelly over there, or do you just choose not to differentiate between the two?

I don't know how it is in other countries, but here, jam is the easy-to-spread creamy stuff. Jelly is chunky, and requires a spoon to spread (using the underside of the spoon). At least, that's how my household spread jelly.

'Jelly'? :huh: Is jam actually like jelly over there, or do you just choose not to differentiate between the two?

Jelly is jam over here and jelly here is jello over there.

Rave: I converted the Rave the thread into a jelly debate. :lol:

I don't know how it is in other countries, but here, jam is the easy-to-spread creamy stuff. Jelly is chunky, and requires a spoon to spread (using the underside of the spoon). At least, that's how my household spread jelly.
This.

Jelly is jam over here and jelly here is jello over there.
Eh, maybe our jellos are different, but here in the USA(#1 ;)), jello is very.... globular. Too thick for spreading.

Jello:

Jam:

Jelly:

Jelly tends to be sweeter then Jam.

i think this whole fruit spread thing is worthy of its own thread.

Oh, don't be a lemon!

Rave: I got a piece of mail in the mail today.

In Aussie slang, a lemon is a lesbian, and in other slang, it's used to mean that something is useless. I was using it in the Asterix sense, where "the answer's a lemon" is explained as "it's fruitless". :)

I'm not a lesiban. :eek:

That is correct. I do find it funny whenever Boundless uses that term. It is amazing what different cultures have for different slang.

But aimee, he is not calling you a lesbian, since that is not the way it is used in England. Now if I had said that on the other hand. :mischief:

In America we have something called 'preserves', too. It's like jelly, except it has fruit chunks in it. Jam might be the same thing as preserves, I don't really know. In my family we make our own preserves and never buy any store-bought jelly because it's nasty. Strawberry is the best flavor, just so y'all know.

Rave: This weekend is going to be fun.

Rave: Malcolm in the Middle is an awesome show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom