Random Raves XIX: My nipples explode with delight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Raves.

Rave: Starting to get college mail...and I haven't even taken that SAT thing yet.

Rave: Today the youth pastor/worship leader was talking to GuitarMaster and I about the worship team...we're going to try and get together with him and his wife soon and see where that rolls.

We were sitting round for tea and we caught Hot Fuzz on the telly. Ah, good old-fashioned tranquil towns.

My old employer is going to be in my school tomorrow for a recruitment event....

...I'm hopping this time I am able to get my foot in the door again. :scared:

Well, don't hop in the door, walk into it! Hopping into the door will just make you look silly.

Ah, importing an ME2 character and replaying, okay. I only really do that on ME1 so I can get to level 60 to import into ME2 for the starting bonus.

Anyhoo, to keep this rave relevant. DAYLIGHT SAVINGS IS OVER!!! WOO! It's 6:30pm and totally dark, the way it's meant to be :)

yeah. NG+ on ME2 means that your enemies are level scaled, but you don't have any upgrades, making freedom's progress one of the hardest missions in the game on insanity

also, there aren't really "skills" required for insanity. because of combat pause targeting you can avoid the fast twitch "skills" necessary for real time combat and from there all you need is knowledge of what powers work on what protection, and that's ezpz

of course with even a decent knowledge of game mechanics pause targeting isn't necessary

Yeah okay Kraz, I get it. You're an ubur-gaming God and I suck. I know this already, so how about you stfu and let me just enjoy beating insanity, k? Really gets kinda old having you guys that have no trouble with insanity / deity / whatever trying to correct those of us who don't find it easy and tell us "no, really, it's easy."

I already told you once after you first commented about my rave that I'm not that good. Don't really need you following up with another shot about it.

Yeah okay Kraz, I get it. You're an ubur-gaming God and I suck. I know this already, so how about you stfu and let me just enjoy beating insanity, k? Really gets kinda old having you guys that have no trouble with insanity / deity / whatever trying to correct those of us who don't find it easy and tell us "no, really, it's easy."

I already told you once after you first commented about my rave that I'm not that good. Don't really need you following up with another shot about it.

:confused: i'm just saying that ME2 doesn't require real time reaction speed so there shouldn't be a skill ceiling as you're describing

there are no skill ceilings in non-real time single player games so you're just being defeatist when you say something is too difficult :p

some friends of mine are thinking about having a d&d night (it won't pan out; d&d far too long imo and I don't think they will really do it. Plus no one will want to DM well).

But one friend was thinking we meant a dunkin' donuts* night as the discussion was brought up. Made my life.

1)a donut is a doughnut, for non USA-ians.
2)a fried bird-eye stonehenge with dolly-dollop of preserves (jam-filled donut) or a Scot's London Wheel (donut with hole in center) for you Brits
3) a glazed torus for you maths people.

Went to a LAN party this weekend with my brother. 8 player AoE 2 - hella fun.

Something like 'ReadyRanger' you mean?

Had a really fun game of civ4 with my friend who just got it. He's learning fast, so he played on Warlord and I on Emperor. It was an awesome game because he got a mega-science city by beelining Great Library, whereas I neither got great scientists nor had much in the way of villages. This meant his tech was way ahead of mine. This really leveled the playing field and lead to a lot of fun wars, overseas colonization competition, and good diplomacy with the AI. I won, but he had some really legit chances and caused me a lot of hurt. Let's just say he was the one launching nukes off his submarines while I fielded WW1 era armies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom