1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Thoughts Sechs: Eeeeehhhh...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Takhisis, Apr 5, 2019.

1. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I didn't have any issues with the 2 I had, but then I think I'm a rather easy person in these ways :dunno:.

hobbsyoyo and Snerk like this.
  2. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

I think I've had 3 or 4 therapists and only one was good. The others were provided by the Army and due to pending court proceedings, had their own motives in our sessions as much as they had my best interest at heart.
    When I went it was over $100 per hour and that was with good health insurance.

3. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

:rolleyes:

Considering all the incidents of horrific cat abuse I've read about over the years and photos I've seen of cats stuffed into microwaves, saucepans with the lid closed, and blenders, I have absolutely zero sense of humor about cats being treated as inanimate objects without consciousness, sensations, or emotions.

Would the kitten be able to decide for itself if it wanted to attack or would it be treated basically as a cat-shaped missile with no right to refuse and no concern would result if it were hurt or killed?

My only beneficial experience was also with a practicum student. In connection with the topic of cats, he asked what I did online and since at that time I was extremely active on the Cheezburger site, I told him about one of my lolcat pictures being featured on the home page. He asked which one it was, I showed him, and he liked it so much that he used it as his wallpaper for awhile (it was one of a cat examining a chalk drawing of children on a road, and the caption was along the lines of Gil Grissom's assistant helping him out in his forensics work).

I tried group therapy... what a waste of time. First, the person in charge happened to be related to one of my former classmates in school, so we were both uneasy about that even though it was over 30 years later. Secondly, one person in the group kept insisting that none of the people I discuss things with here are real. Apparently I made all of you up, because I can't physically see you. So I pointed out that you can't physically see people who write letters to you, so that must mean the letter-writers are also made-up.

Nope, that's different, she said. It was such a frustrating experience that I just told the therapist it wasn't working for me, and left.

4. metatron

metatron deplorable ally

What?
    You have weird visitors at your door. :)
    Yes. Why is this not obvious to these people?

5. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

I'll second meta's concern about the weirdos apparently thinking that you will throw a cat at them.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis ΑΛΗΘΩС ΑΝΕСΤΗ

And yet we play a computer game where we can use WMDs and destroy large swathes of population (human, feline, or otherwise) and this actually helps us win the game.
    In the MOBA-style thing I'm imagining (just for the sake of imagining) it could be a cat-shaped spirit generated by an enchanted crossbow which lasts for as many rounds as your ability level allows or it is dispelled.

7. Valka D'Ur

Bylaw officers are like that (they were looking for my dad). I pointed out that if I put the cat down, she would run out the door and then I would be in violation of a bylaw that says cats aren't allowed to run at large. Therefore, I intended to hold on to her.

Just because the game allows it, don't assume that's how I play it. I prefer to use ambassadors, skalds, spies, or whatever the equivalent may be, in order to bribe the cities. The only ones I conquer by force are the capital cities. I don't use nukes or cruise missiles.

Not really in the mood to argue this, as I've just come from reading a news article about a man who drowned two cats in a bathtub (would have been three, but the third was able to escape).

What does MOBA mean? :confused:

8. haroon

haroon Chieftain

Multiplayer online battle arena

Like this

or more popular like this

9. Takhisis

Takhisis ΑΛΗΘΩС ΑΝΕСΤΗ

Oooh, so many tropes come into play that I just think you've entered Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki territory, Syn-kun.

10. cardgame

What's the icon look like?

11. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

What happens if one runs ones picture through the filter for the gender that one is?

Do you get an extra-machismo Syn? Or does it just give you your own picture back?

Speaking of Sin, and admiring one's own image in the opposite gender . . .

In Paradise Lost, Sin is an allegorical character. She burst, fully formed, out of the head of Satan at the moment he resolved to rebel against God. He meets her later in the poem. He doesn't remember her, but she refreshes his memory, including that, at her appearance, Satan fell in love with Sin and had sex with her (engendering Death) (and it gets worse, but that's a story for another time). As she narrates this story she says,

Thyself in me thy perfect image viewing
    Becam'st enamoured.

What Satan fell in love with in Sin is that she looked like him.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    The_J likes this.
  12. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

The rouge on your cheeks makes you look like an angry budgie with rouge on its cheeks.

13. cardgame

So just a bit of a rehash of Narcissus?

edit: found the snapchat gender-swap, previously I only had the beard but it isn't real time so it's less effective, actually, than a couple I was using the other day. There was a japanese anime-style pink ribbon/circle glasses thing that was crazy cute, but a bit too much on drawn-on-fx, and a more generic/less OTT simple flower in the hair.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  14. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Yep.

And the popping out of his head bit is Athena.

15. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I'm running out of ideas for posts in OT. I got nothing. Well except this, but this is kinda weak.

Birdjaguar and Lexicus like this.
  16. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Looking at the ocean in whatever hemisphere of the planet is experiencing winter is hypnotic:
    upload_2019-5-15_14-12-51.png

You can see the waves are reaching 30 ft south of Australia.

tjs282 and Snerk like this.
  17. Valka D'Ur

Two men wearing green kilts just passed my living room window while riding on a crane. :wow:

They're supposed to be washing the exterior windows of the building. I don't know if that just means the windows in the public areas or the suite windows as well; if the latter, they haven't bothered with mine yet. They're still dirty.

The company's name is Men With Kilts, and I was joking with the building manager a little while ago as to whether they really wear kilts. Now I can tell him that they do. :D

The_J and tjs282 like this.
  18. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

There are an abnormal number of major Californian cities that start with the letter 'S'. San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Sacramento, Santa Cruz...

Also, I bought a chocolate bar today and on the inside of the wrapper it has a quote from Romeo and Juliet. I never understood Shakespeare very well but what it means in the context of eating chocolate is even more baffling.

The_J likes this.
  19. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

She uses the word "sweet" in a famous line shortly after that passage.

Maybe they're counting on readers (eaters?) to make that association?

The_J likes this.
  20. Takhisis

Takhisis ΑΛΗΘΩС ΑΝΕСΤΗ

You could advertise my mafia game. Just a thought.
    That's because they were very Catholically dedicated to various saints and the by-then independent USians were uncreative enough to just leave the names as they were.