Steph strikes again: Ancient units conversion collection

After all these years..., finally..., Assyrians!

Thank you, Steph. :worship:

A Napolian is a resident of Naples :p.

After all a happy end now. Especially the mounded units and chariots are great. Can't wait to edit these for my mod. The new centering is good. So it appears also in the status window on the correct possition. Thanks to Steph and the creators of this units.

Syrians, Egyptians and Persians uploaded. However, I don't really like the Persian chariot. After testing it in game, he's really to big, and I think there some problem with the centering.
Expect a second version, unless you all want to keep that one

Good to hear you got the permission. In that way I can justify to myself the decision tom buy Spartan ;)

I'll also take a look on those chariots to get inspired :D

Steph, I think what you've got listed as a "Celtic chariot" is really the " Gish Gigir Battle Cart." I thought those four wheels looked out of place! :)

By the way, are you allowed to (and if so, would you want to?) convert the units from the Spartan demo?

Mithadan said:
Steph, I think what you've got listed as a "Celtic chariot" is really the " Gish Gigir Battle Cart." I thought those four wheels looked out of place! :)

By the way, are you allowed to (and if so, would you want to?) convert the units from the Spartan demo?

It looks that way. Btw, the Sumerian Battle Cart was one of the units I was requesting. Since I think it is a kind of obscure unit, I'll consider this a victory, and the unit complete. :goodjob:

BTW, thanks for the conversions and thanks to those who made the original units! :D

Mithadan said:

Chariot : The "celtic chariot" comes from a mod, not directly from Chariots of War. Original is indeed the Gish Gigir. However, I think it is more likely to find a Celtic civ than a Gish Gigir civ, and there are two different units (2/4 "horses"), so I think when could be used for celts (until BeBro makes a better one), and the other or an ancient Middle East civ.

Spartan : I haven't asked yet, but I have tried to convert them. Problem is they are quite "tough". Ti make them civ scale, I would have to reduce the height by 90% and the width by 40% ! But then the unit is a bit distorded then, especially for cavalry.
And... only SSS animation editor has the possibility to change X, Y zoom factor. For SBB, it changes both height and width the same way.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Napolian Bonaparte silly! Take away the glasses, and add his famaos hat and uniform, and your a dead ringer! No wonder you always get these companys to allow you to convert their units!

Oh, you mean Napoleon, not Napolian... But Napoleon was a shorter than me, and perhaps had more belly. Although my wife would say this difference has a natural tendancy to disappear...

Steph said:
Oh, you mean Napoleon, not Napolian... But Napoleon was a shorter than me, and perhaps had more belly. Although my wife would say this difference has a natural tendancy to disappear...
My family would say it is something that comes with marriage. ;)

these conversions look awsome. i don't know why every one is so hyped about whether it's a celtic chariot or Gish Gigir battle cart, it still looks awsome to me,
keep up the good work :goodjob:

I don't care about the name either, because I'll probably give it another name all together.

Who's hyped?

I'm eagerly awaiting those british units, a warrior and a horsemen!

Wonderful stuff!

I'm eagerly awaaiting anything new, so I can have more variety to choose from for units in my mod. Some are still questionable. :coffee:

Top Bottom