UK CFC meetup mark II

Please vote for a WHERE and a WHEN you want the meet!

• Total voters
The morning train :p
Yeah, but not if I'm the only one to stay awake in the streets of London... :mischief:

Clearly, I have this problem : I wanna come and do my European dude and meet you people, but I just can't come if I don't know where to spend the night. And what's more, I'm not the only one in this situation (no clue about how many people like me, but at least 2), and this prevents us from booking our ticket. Any Londoner (or close) has an idea about it ? Either a place to stay, or an idea to spend the night until the next morning ? With possibly something to do on Sunday ?

Thanks to anyone offering some help in this area. :)

Mise: It's Farnborough - not Farnham. It supposedly is "on the main train line directly to Waterloo station in London. It takes about 45 mins to get to Waterloo. " - Are you sure your picture depicts that correctly ?

BTW: We've already bought airline tickets - I don't think we'll be getting Travelcards with them.
And please: somebody give Krys a place to sleep. Yes, he is French; I know that - but he is ok for a French guy. :p

BTW: We've already bought airline tickets - I don't think we'll be getting Travelcards with them.
I meant when you buy your train tickets :) And I'll check the Farnborough thingy, but it's probably the same thing as Farnham (stupid similar names :p ).

Yes, he is French; I know that - but he is ok for a French guy. :p

Sadly, while I do love the 'Auld Alliance' between Scotland and France, it does not come with Bed and Breakfast. However I will be partaking in any long-night Saturday adventures, should they occur, and I'm now available on Sunday, though whether I'm actually able to be active on the day is another matter :p

Ah - train tickets. Thanks for the suggestion.
I think it's this Farnborough (Google maps link)
Oh right, well in that case it's on the other side of London, so we'd probably best meet up at Waterloo. It's only a few stops on the tube from Waterloo to Tottenham Court Road (where we went last time, assuming it's the same this time).

And please: somebody give Krys a place to sleep. Yes, he is French; I know that - but he is ok for a French guy. :p
You were my favourite CFC moderator... :( At last you reveal what you really are ! :p

Sadly, while I do love the 'Auld Alliance' between Scotland and France, it does not come with Bed and Breakfast. However I will be partaking in any long-night Saturday adventures, should they occur, and I'm now available on Sunday, though whether I'm actually able to be active on the day is another matter :p
If this means that you're ready to NOT sleep if you don't want to or if you don't have the choice, then I might go this route too... and book a ticket back on Sunday afternoon or stuff.

I'm about 20 mins North of Luton by train. I offered a bed to Adaddon, but he turned it down, so it is available. It will take you even further away from London though, so might not be convienient. It would give me the opportunity to scandalise my neighbours even more though, a young Englishman staying would have been bad enough, a young frenchman staying would get the whole neighbourhood talking!

If this means that you're ready to NOT sleep if you don't want to or if you don't have the choice, then I might go this route too... and book a ticket back on Sunday afternoon or stuff.

Then my friends go clubbin!
Personally I like Fabric IIRC its open till 7am

Krys, I have a spare bed available, but I live about 100 km away from London, and it means leaving quite early (midnight ?) on the Saturday, an expensive rail ticket, and we'd probably kick you out quite early on the Sunday (we have a load of other things planned). Not trying to put you off, but I'm well aware that all I can offer is a fairly mediocre alternative, and while you'd certainly be welcome, you need to have your eyes open about taking it.

Frankly, if I were you, I'd go clubbing. :)

It would give me the opportunity to scandalise my neighbours even more though, a young Englishman staying would have been bad enough, a young frenchman staying would get the whole neighbourhood talking!
You'd really like that - don't you ??? :mischief:

I've thought a bit and here is my conclusion : you're jealous because I'm French and that rules. Typical Dutch behaviour... :mischief: :p

You'd really like that - don't you ??? :mischief:
Now, I don't know where to hide. There must be something else we could talk about, like... like the English weather ! :eek: That's a very good topic, I love it.

They already think I'm quite mad playing this weird computer game until the early hours of the morning, so I might as well give them something else to talk about!
Uh ? Nobody in my neighbourhood knows about me being on the Internet or Civ or stuff... The most they should know is that I often play the piano really loud ! :crazyeye: In fact I don't know most of my neighbours, and I despise some ! :nuke:

Tickets booked !! :eek: :) By Eurostar. I'll be at Waterloo Station on Saturday at 10am, and will return on Sunday at 1:30pm.

Thanks all for the input, I'm now pretty sure there will be something in da city. Since my tickets can't be refunded at all, you can put me into the OK list (apart from sickness or family stuff of course).

See ya all there ! :yeah:

I realise I haven't posted in a while, but here I am renewing my 'possibly/probably coming' status. Haven't you lot sorted it out yet? It's next week now f'chrissakes.:rolleyes:

Still the world's best smiley: :gripe:

I realise I haven't posted in a while, but here I am renewing my 'possibly/probably coming' status. Haven't you lot sorted it out yet? It's next week now f'chrissakes.:rolleyes:
Pretty much the details are sorted - we are meeting same place as last meeup at 11am on Saturday 16th of December. In other words a Starbucks coffe place, near Tottenham Court road tube station. We shall then go from there and see what happens. There will be eating and much beer!

Meeting place is here -

edit - I think (1). As Mise says - We need to confrim this.

So basically, would be good if people confirmed there attendance before then so we know who to wait for! And sort out swapping mobile numbers or whatever.

Last time we met at (1), but it was suggested that we meet at (2), I believe. Not sure if it's (1) or (2) this year though :p

Top Bottom