Unit Preview - MPDV - Multi-Purpose-Defense-Vehicle

Mr. Will

Mister
Here's a preview of the next Spart-Mr. Will unit, the MPDV (Multi-Purpose-Defense-Vehicle), not the generic mech, it may take a while for the mech to be finished. (Stupid walking animation...) Anyway, here it is.

Oh no, it's just another strange shaped APC....
Wait a minute, holy crap there's a small artillery piece in the back! <GASP>
This is the Echo variant.

Opinions welcome...
Fortify

AttackA, Bombard

AttackB

I hope you think its ok...its only my third model. Just in case you are wondering it has 4 and 1/2 as many polygons as the Arctic Tank, but it has around 3/4 as many as the Lemen Russ. Poly Total=9000.

Expect a couple varients of it soon. I think there will be a standard APC version and one where a missile comes out the back. Tell me if you see anything dreadfuly wrong with it and I can fix it.

Sparta,
great work,
"fire away the missle captain but captain the missle has already been fired so fire it again and nothing else also get my bath ready in the tub, aya sir"

Added an AttackA preview...
(Thank you Tzar Sasha! :thanx: )

One comment on the attack other than looking really good for a third unit....
Shouldn't the recoil shock of the truck come immediately after the gun fires? It appears to start just prior to the gun fire.... Unless the gun fires a weapon that is faster than the speed of light, in which case it makes sense and looks really cool.... :crazyeye:

Is is that bad? I can't tell anything that the truck is moving early... Maybe it's just an optical illusion from the loop, it's only AttackA. (There should be two more.) I dunno, should I redo the attack?

Posted AttackB, there may not be an attackc after all, I think it's okay. Anyone have any problems with attackB? It looks a little strange to me, but passable.
Oh, BTW, it's my second animated unit, Spart's 3rd or fourth model. He's the strong end of the team... :rolleyes:

Tzar Sasha said:
A maybe an optical illusion but for some reason I keep thinking that it starts rolling back before it jumps back with the shock.
I can sorta see what your getting at, though I'm not sure.

Mr. Will, just in case, if you make sure all your posistion keyframes are on tween instead of spline tween it kan help remove odd movements. I think the deafault is spline tween, which, as I said, does odd things...

Top Bottom