Which movies have you seen lately? Kinetic Icon VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically every main character.

Spoiler :
The whole film was a mix of seemingly incompetent moves by characters and gimmicky hollywood things (giant space ship falling? this rock 3 ft high saves me!).

to name some things, the ones that the rest of the internet will complain about:
-guy who has wrist navigator thing (knew his exact location "we're at 7447.3" or w/e!) and guy in charge of the probes get lost. Also good that no one tried to communicate with the ship while they were walking back!
-everybody decides it's a good idea to take helmets off
-robot has no motivation for anything he does (tries to kill the two archaeologists for absolutely no benefit)
-want to dissect a specimen? better "try to trick the nervous system into thinking it's alive".
-expert in biology and sees alien creature? Maybe think you should be cautious? Nah, Cuddle with the "reptile thing ~30-40 inches"
-not fond of any of the premise of how they found the planet (cave drawings thousands of years apart, and good thing egyptians/mesopotamians/whoever don't have written languages but only drew 1 star constellation!).
-have some freaky alien in medical bay? better not tell anyone else on the crew
-husband very obviously talking about how aliens presumably can make life with DNA? better take it personally and cry
-survived your ship crashing and you have other ships readily available? Maybe should go fly one of those. nah, I think I'll chase after 1 random alien (in this case human Shaw) rather than go do what I intended to do.
-on alien planet and have no idea what is there? No way for sure of communicating with anything inside alien place? Have a crew member hired to be security willing to take a weapon inside? Nah, this is a "scientific expedition".

Watched Shaun of the Dead yesterday. Heh-heh. Heh-heh. Heh.

I went over to a friend's for lunch and watched A Face in the Crowd and Young Frankenstein. We watched the latter (a Mel Brooks movie) to recover from the former, which was a fairly disturbing film starring Andy Griffith as a singing drunk whose folksy charm allows him to rise to become a force in the media -- a 'molder of opinion', corrupt with power. My friend likened him to Arthur Godfrey.

X-Men First Class

It was ok, I really kinda wanted to just skip to the parts centering on Magneto and Xavier. Kevin Bacon was a little too hammy (PUN INTENDED). Entertaining, but not a top tier superhero film in my opinion.

I just saw that movie and I really enjoyed it. Magneto was pure awesome. The only thing I really disliked was maybe a bit too much ham and cheese and Kevin Bacon's heinous, horrible, absurd, grotesque, dreadful, repugnant, appaling, obscene, abominable, disgusting, vile, hideous, damnable, infuriating, loathsome, execrable, outrageous, revolting, abhorrent, pestilent, repulsive and borderline offensive reinterpretation of the German language.

I've known of the Cornetto films for quite some time, young Quackers. But watching something like that after a long day when you're just about to go to sleep… also, watching Penelope Wilton play a zombie after Downton Abbey… and Bill Nighy! heh. Ended up laughing a lot like Beavis and Butthead.

Today, I watched The Queen starring Helen Mirren.

and, of course, wild at heart.
I haven't seen it and Netflix doesn't carry it. Hmmm.

Has anybody seen District 9? I tuned into the middle of it a few months back and just recorded on my DVR to be able to see the entire flick:

Link to video.

It is sort of a cross between South African apartheid and truly illegal aliens from another planet.

13 Assassins last night.

Hamingway & Gellhorn.
It was not bad, but would have been better if it focused more on her story and ended with the Spanish Civil War.

The double-sword scene: best scene ever, yes or yes?
You mean the multiple-sword-plucked-from-the-ground scene? Kawaaiaiaiiiiii!!! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom