Which movies have you seen lately? Kinetic Icon VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Kick-Ass. Pretty screwed up.

Just saw Witness for the Prosecution (1957). 15/10

Tell me, do you only watch old movies?
If yes, I highly reccomend you track down Metropolis, Alexander Nevsky, October, and Ivan the Terrible.

If yes, I highly reccomend you track down Metropolis, Alexander Nevsky, October, and Ivan the Terrible.
I do watch a few newer movies, but mostly old ones. (Yeah, Netflix has been a success so far.) I'll keep an eye out for those. Thanks!

Prometheus. Eh. It was alright.

West Side Story. Good choreography and music, but seeing this in 2012 it looks like slightly gay martial arts and racial stereotypes.
Yeah, it has aged a bit, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

TeenyMoovys x3
Schule 2000
Daniel Brühl ... Markus Baasweiler
Jasmin Schwiers ... Sandra
Niels-Bruno Schmidt... 'Stone' Steiner
Mina Tander ... Melanie
Tim Egloff ... Andre
Lavinia Wilson ... Teresa
Christian Näthe ... Steven Baumgärtner
Axel Stein ... Dirk
Sebastian Kroehnert... Michael Karbrüggen
Denis Moschitto ... Nabil
Aaron Hildebrand... Sascha (als Aaron Tristan Hildebrand)
Bettina Zimmermann... Nadine

Link to video.
Hillarys best film

Link to video.
Französisch für Anfänger

Link to video.

トラ・トラ・トラ!!!!

Hell yeah!

War Horse

Pure kitsch. Spielberg seems to love it. How like in a mainstream fairy tale everything comes together to propose a light family-friendly message.
But in this case embedded so well and done so well, that it it is still outstanding. I even forgive the rather shameless humanization of the horse.

Watched Vampires Kiss (Nic Cage) last night.... It was great, but not in the sense the movie wanted to achieve but it was full of Nic Cage losing his mind.
Best scene.

Link to video.

Sergei Eisenstein was a genius. I have Alexander Nevsky in my DVD collection. I also have Metropolis and D. W. Griffith's The Birth of a Nation.

For those who like filmhistory, I would recommend La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc by Carl Th. Dreyer. A groundbreaking film, especialy the closeups of Jeanne d'Arc's face.

Saw Les Misérables last night. 3/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom