Which television shows are you watching? Series 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reach season 2 of The Last Kingdom, so far not bad, but yes the first 2 season if Viking is much more powerful. And sometime I'm really tired with the sneaky, "pure evil", weak and snarky antagonist character who just there to hate and jealous and caused division from within, one two time that is ok, but when it's always there, like one is broken then the other two snarky horn growth, it's kind a boring. Sometime I skip some of the "sneaky" pure evil character scene, it's really nauseating.

But I'm positive that this show would get better, it's a novel adaptation, it would not be wander around getting big and empty like Viking, I think something more interesting can be expected in the future.

I know, I know, but how can you resist Giorgio Tsoukalos. That guy is lit! :cool: :lol:

I recently watched Stargate with a picture in picture mode and Giorgio Tsoukalos turns up, almost treating Stargate like it's some kind of historical drama. His reason for why aliens built the pyramids is almost exactly what Dr. Jackson says at the beginning of the movie. Khufu didn't built the great pyramid because his name isn't on it.

Finished Iron Fist S2 and iZombie S4 a couple of days ago (Netflix.de doesn't have S5), so I started Jessica Jones S3 instead (already 4-5 eps into Daredevil S3, but I have to say I'm not enjoying it as much as S1+S2, or Defenders -- maybe because Matt's being such a jerk, at least so far).

Now into S4 of The IT Crowd as well: yesterday was the 'Secret Countdown Contestants Society' episode, which I found hilarious, though I couldn't help thinking while I was watching it, that the jokes might not have travelled very well (would be interested to know what @hobbsyoyo or @Synsensa thought...).

If you want more French mystery try Dark Spot if you haven't already
I'm a few episodes in and its looks like it was filmed in the same place as The Forest and even includes an imaginary white wolf like the Forest. The story in is pretty good though and I am enjoying it.

Watched the first couple of eps of Workin' Moms S1 with wifey, because she wanted something light and amusing after I Kill Giants.

At the very first scene, she turned to me and said "Are you sure you want to watch this...?" :lol:

I had watched a lot of tv during confination, and I am in severalTV shows
-Supernatural, I can not remember the season, 12th I think
-Mr. Robot, season 2
-The Last Kingdom, season 4
-Money Heist, Season 2, part 3
-El ministerio del tiempo (English title: The Ministry of Time), Season 4. IMHO best spanish tv show
-Hanna, Season 1
-DC Legends of tomorrow, season 5?

Last edited:
I've been watching a bunch of Doctor Who episodes from the end of Matt Smith's run.

I know, I know, but how can you resist Giorgio Tsoukalos. That guy is lit! :cool: :lol:

I used to think this was all epic and funny and a great meme, but then I realized that I grew up in a country with class a state-sponsored educational television while Americans grow up in a hellscape of police-reality TV, hellfire missiles, institutionalized fake news and literal for-profit conspiracy theories being peddled. anyone acting surprised about why so many people in the US just mindlessly accept flat-earth theory or corona resistance or prepping or new-world order beliefs or whatever the fox propaganda machinery can come up with.. this is the reason. when all of your TV, most of your radio and even print is private for-profit garbage this is what you get.

however, even today we can see other countries going more the American way. just consider England and their gutting of the BBC, who made some of the best television in the entire world for the last century. incredibly documentaries, journalistic pieces, films, historical dramas and so forth.

so yeah, sadly I don't think he's very lit anymore. I used to watch this stuff as a teen late at night and thought it was absolutely hilarious (German TV had some sort of equivalent). nowadays I see the results of it and it's not harmless fun, it's just depressing. some people genuinely get caught up in this ****, and even those that don't often have a murky attitude towards, or a rather open attitude towards conspiratory narratives.

Season 4 of last kingdom done. I liked it, good plot points, setup very nicely for season 5 but without cliffhangers. I absolutely hate King Edwards character though. They make him so whiny and indecisive about everything.

I started season 3 of sneaky pete. So far so good.

I've been watching a bunch of Doctor Who episodes from the end of Matt Smith's run.

I rewatched Torchwood, a series that alternated between quite good and really annoying.
Tried rewatching Years and Years which I really liked but its too soon.

Torchwood was rather variable, I agree.

I've spend the afternoon feeling down and checking some other TV shows.
I like "The Good Place", didn't like "Master of None" (the trailer was way funnier than the first episode), and then watched the first episode of "Community", which some of my friends really like. The main character is unlikable, and everyone is horrible exaggerated, in a pretty silly way. I didn't like it. Is the first episode representative of the whole series?

I've spend the afternoon feeling down and checking some other TV shows.
I like "The Good Place", didn't like "Master of None" (the trailer was way funnier than the first episode), and then watched the first episode of "Community", which some of my friends really like. The main character is unlikable, and everyone is horrible exaggerated, in a pretty silly way. I didn't like it. Is the first episode representative of the whole series?
I thought Master of None was really good, too bad you didn't like it.

I did not like Community until the 4th or 5th episode. The writing is really clever but the storytelling is unconventional and it takes a while to get used to its style. I cannot stand Pierce though and honestly I think the show was better off when he left. It turns out that Chevy Chase acts IRL almost exactly like Pierce and got fired for it.

Okay, for Master of None I only watched the first episode, so not sure if it changes. Also children are really not my topic, and the first episode was only about that.

Lol for Community. Maybe I'll give it another shot when I have some more time. Or nothing else to watch ^^.

There not really much else about kids in MoN after that, at least as far as I can remember. It's been a while since I saw it.

Watched the first 8 episodes of UPLOAD. Despite the lack of any focus on the meaningless plot, there are some really funny bits in it.
Not bad for a 30 minute comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom