1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which television shows are you watching? Series 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Takhisis, Mar 2, 2020.

1. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

Go for FMA. Inu is cute and wholesome, but lacks depth. FMA is, for all intents and purposes, a masterpiece, according to my girlfriend and my friends. I'm only a few episodes in but like it a lot so far. It's no evangelion, but it's got potential :D

haroon likes this.
  2. bernie14

bernie14 Filter Manipulator

6 years (I think) into the ride, the series is based on unsolved murders and the only homicide cop available is one of the "tailies", so they negotiate for his help

Synsensa and yung.carl.jung like this.
  3. haroon

haroon Deity

What is FMA man? I haven't watch Evangelion, is it still recommended to watch it? I thought it is outdated, what do you think?

4. yung.carl.jung

Full Metal Alchemist :D And yes, everyone on earth should watch Evangelion. If I was supreme dictator, I'd force kids to watch it in schools. It's superb and probably one of the greatest pieces of cinema of the 20th century, worthy of competing with your Hitchcocks and David Leans and Tarkovskis. It's also so deep you'll fall into a rabbit hole with no obvious way out.

haroon likes this.
  5. haroon

haroon Deity

Done I made up my mind what to watch :lol:

yung.carl.jung likes this.
  6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

TNT and it premiered last week on Sunday.

7. yung.carl.jung

If you want to talk just PM you and I'll shoot you my pityful attempt at an interpretation! :)

haroon likes this.
  8. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

I'm seeing these ads on TNT for Snowpiercer and keep thinking of yellow snow

I watched the last seasons of Supernatural and TNT is playing the early ones now, its kinda weird seeing these people before and after they spent 15 years aging during the series run

9. haroon

haroon Deity

The pleasure is mine man :goodjob:

10. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Track maintenance was my biggest issue. They kept circling the earth and the track never degraded over time. Dumbest concept ever. Most rail networks suffer frequent issues. And they have armies to maintain them. And the train always traveled at a high rate of speed. Just plain silly.

11. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Hmm. Netflix lies once again. I've always thought it weird that they buy the rights to a show and then promote it as a Netflix series.

12. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I've been watching a few episodes of Voyager, and I already feel it's slow.
    So... guess I'll probably not get to TOS lol.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  13. Colon

Colon King

I didn't really mean in the sense that it's slow (though it's perhaps slower than today's shows) but that the quality of the acting, the writing, cinematography... is vastly below today's standards, which makes it hard to watch. Voyager sometimes gets near the standards of the past too though.

14. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I have finally finished my rewatch of The Last Kingdom, and have now seen season 4.

I noticed that my enjoyment of the show was higher during the rewatch; having the context of a first-time view, even without remembering the nuance, upped my reception of the show. This makes sense, I think, because the show very quickly introduces characters and their development. Some episodes are months or years. During a first-time view, you're not given much of a chance to let these changes percolate. But with a rewatch, you're already aware of these characters, and you can spend more time focused on the interactions.

Spoiler season 4 :

I really don't like what they did with Brida and Edward. But the season was largely good; I'm happy we finally got to see Uhtred's family. Stiorra was fantastic casting.

15. civvver

civvver Deity

I finished Sneaky Pete. The ending seemed a little rushed but overall it was a really good end to the series. I wish there was another season showing where the characters go from here.

I started Mr. Robot. It is a weird show. People rave about it but I'm not sure yet. I didn't know it was a lot of psychological stuff.

16. yung.carl.jung

....??

Okay, you seem to have wildly different measures for what makes a movie good. I usually look to the plot, the camerawork, the scenes, the message, the acting, the music, etc. Degradation of train tracks is usually not a metric I apply to movies, nor is realism, because then no movie is ever fun. Still tyvm for your reply, and I do understand how that's unrealistic.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  17. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Finished two seasons of "Dark" (German series set in 2019 about families and time travel). 7-8 out of 10.

Spoiler :
    I found it pretty confusing and had a hard time keeping relationships straight as folks moved through time (2019, 1986, 1953) in intervals of 33 years. Not only was it hard to keep tract of individuals, but also how they were all related. By the end things were better and there was even a character or two worth caring about. The ending, setting up season 3, did not resolve the first two seasons and opened the door for a expanded and perhaps more confusing continuation of the story. I expect I will keep watching if it doesn't take too long for the next season to show up.

18. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Normally I'd probably agree, but one of the main points of the movie is how cold it is outside. The train has been running for how many years without any track issues?
    Sorry when the basic premise is that flawed, it makes it hard to go along with anything. (and the rest of the plot was pretty stupid also. specifically using tiny children in maintenance of the train since no one is small enough to fit into the spaces. REALLY)

19. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

K- I mean GinTama is some of the best anime in the last decade, yung-san. You just have not watched enough.
    Even before I saw yung-san's post on the subject I'd still recommend InuYasha.

haroon and yung.carl.jung like this.
  20. yung.carl.jung

I'll keep watching anyway. I always like shows that are different, I even tolerate them if they're a bit annoying sometimes :D