Guess the map 14: We mapped our sky before we mapped our Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a railway line of best fit through the Zodiac signs at Grand Central Station?

It is the ceiling of Grand Central Station, yes.

It contains two famous mistakes. It's oriented improperly left to right, but within that Orion is reversed (so he's the only one facing the way he should be.)

So I was close, but not close enough. Go ahead, whoever was close enough.

So I was close, but not close enough. Go ahead, whoever was close enough.
I only snuck this one in b/c Ferocitus, who solved the previous one, indicated that he didn't want to post a new map and anyone could do so.

On the assumption that that still holds, you should regard your close enough as being the winner and post a new map.

I only snuck this one in b/c Ferocitus, who solved the previous one, indicated that he didn't want to post a new map and anyone could do so.

On the assumption that that still holds, you should regard your close enough as being the winner and post a new map.
Okay, folks, it's confession time. I have no idea where you get maps like these. I jumped in and started guessing one day, since I enjoy maps and clues and the question to narrow things down reminded me of a Canadian game show called Front Page Challenge.

Is there a list of rules for this?

Okay, folks, it's confession time. I have no idea where you get maps like these. I jumped in and started guessing one day, since I enjoy maps and clues and the question to narrow things down reminded me of a Canadian game show called Front Page Challenge.

I am not sure there are any rules for posting maps, the only "rule" is not to do a google reverse image search of the posted map. You can go a long way by doing a google image search of '"something you are interested in" map'. I like using the world bank development indicators which has a function to generate maps but it is not working right now for me. You have to select all countries (the tick in a box icon), then the series (the thing you want to map) and then the year. Another source is the world in data that will make maps of loads of stuff.

[EDIT] Actually looking at the first post there are some basic rules, but not that effect your choice of map.

I sometimes just make them in MS Paint or using mapchart.net. But I'll only make one if I already have an idea in mind.

I'll play but if I solve one I won't post a map myself because I can't promise I'll log on quickly enough to answer questions.
Always assume that I pass. :)

illegal_to_eat_pants.gif

Countries being sanctioned by some country that does not like the US? Perhaps Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom