Have republicans already stolen the 2008 election?

You do realize that George Bush lead in national polls both times, right?

and polls need not have an relation to election results - ask Helmut Kohl and his friend who runs the Allensbach institute! :lol:

I can't really imagine the USA relying on the UN for oversight other than for international bragging rights, so I can't really imagine it happening any time soon.
Assuming this radio guy the OP refers to is right, I'd say NJ's way of handling the issue is best, which is to notify people by mail, in advance, that there was a mix-up with their registration.
I wouldn't call the current situation fraud, but I would label it incompetent if it does prevent anyone voting. Don't states allow election day voter registration?

Yep. Massive fraud going on right now, and yet people complain about registrations being thrown out.

Massive fraud? Are you kidding me? The Republican record of the last 40 years has been one of rampant targeted voter suppression. They do it every election cycle in massive numbers. They throw up concerns about voter fraud for their legislative based efforts. But much like 'states rights', its little more than code for bigotry and suppression. A pretense to disenfranchise as many poor and minorities as they can manage. The fact is all the voter fraud in the nation is a insignificant crumb compared to the rampant voter-rape being practiced by the Republicans each and every election.

Its disgusting. Its Anti-democratic. And Un-fricken-American. Normally I'd say Republicans and their sympathizers should be ashamed of such collective-scumbaggery, but they're either too uninformed to know about it, purposely choosing to ignore or downplay it, or actively cheering it on.

One of the biggest frauds of the 21st century is the notion that Republicans give a d*mn about voter fraud. If you think otherwise, you're either lying, deluding yourself, or simply not paying attention. You should be ashamed. Everyone who willingly wears an elephant on their sleeve should be ashamed.

Do you think people just randomly get together and decide to revolt? Seems to me that sort of thing requires organization and people being told that they should revolt, which requires leadership. The sort of people able to manipulate a populace for that sort of thing don't seem to have a problem integrating themselves into the existing power structure, which means a dearth of leadership for any sort of revolt and thus, no revolt. Though I may simply be too cynical.

I was speaking figuratively, not literally. There could be riots if a lot of people perceive that a major subversion of the elections resulted in bad outcome.

Pfff, this thread, and especially the OP, needs some FACTS!

Part of my job involves research on voter fraud

in my opinion, the kind of voter fraud Reps are afraid of is simply not happening on any sort of meaningful amount.

Now, their efforts to purge voters who have the same name as a felon in a state (see Florida) is pretty silly. They thought people have unique names!

Perhaps you could explain why the UN is entitled to any power inside the US, without our permission? (Or why we should grant such permission at all?) Since you're the one advocating a change from the status quo, I think you should be the one to lay out why it's needed.
Perhaps you could explain why the US was entitled to any power in Iraq without the permission of Saddam Hussein, oh, right, right was on the US's side :rolleyes:

It's in principle the same thing.

Claiming that the US doesn't need anyone to watch whether they keep in line with the principles they claim to have just causes more suspicion. And don't claim it's because the majority supports the status quo because the majority of germans supported the nazis. Majority (power entitled by democracy) or any other power must not be bigger than the principles of freedom and equality.

Tell me: what would be the negative results of UN supervision?

If there's none, why not let the UN do what was suggested?

Tell me: what would be the negative results of UN supervision?
Sovereignty issues.

If there's none, why not let the UN do what was suggested?
It's none of their business. They should go stuff themselves and get the heck out of NYC anyway, not to mention keeping out of our elections.

Good luck stealing it.

What a load of rubbish. You just don't like admititing that even the 'great USA' needs monitoring sometimes, because the suggestion that your country isn't as pure as you make out offends you.

Not at all. Maybe we do have issues with elections,maybe we don't. My point is that either way, it isn't YOUR business, the UN's business, nor anybody else's business who isn't a citizen of the United States of America. Keep your noses out of our elections is what I mean to say.

Not at all. Maybe we do have issues with elections,maybe we don't. My point is that either way, it isn't YOUR business, the UN's business, nor anybody else's business who isn't a citizen of the United States of America. Keep your noses out of our elections is what I mean to say.
Then never, ever claim that your elections are 'free and fair' because without independent confirmation, how can we believe you?

Then never, ever claim that your elections are 'free and fair' because without independent confirmation, how can we believe you?

Not meaning to be too blunt about this, but did I ever say I cared if anyone believes us about our freedoms?

Top Bottom