New Units from Summer (August 25, 2004)

utahjazz7

Deity
First of all, I need to publicly thank Kinboat for his help. First of all, I switched to his newest set-up. Secondly, he modelled some props for me. Without him, I wouldn't have been able to work on these models this summer. I would also like to thank ripptide, who helped me tweak some of the render settings in Poser5. LouLong posted a picture for me; thank you. I think there was someone else too, but I can't emember right now.

So, now on to the units. These are units, the models for whom I made and animated while I was on vacation this summer. Two of them were requests by TopGun and Zulu. One other I saw in a magazine over the summer. The last, the Frank Axe Thrower, is a remake of an earlier unit that I wasn't happy with. However, I needed to arrive home before I could make CivIII units out the renderings. I have four units completed, and I have three or four models already completed; I just need to animate and render them.

I made these units' models on a mac. When I transfered the renderings to the PC, they looked a little big, and a little dark. That may be the result of the monitor I was looking at, but I'm not sure. Hopefully the units will be acceptable. You may want to play with the sounds a little bit. I just linked some sounds to the standard CivIII sounds, and some animations are not linked to sounds.

If there are any problems, fix 'em. ;) Then post the corrected files. Thanks. :)

Aluminium's improved, resized units with better sounds
Thank you very much Aluminium!

Polynesian Spearman

Native American Rifleman

Frank Axe Thrower

Koori Crocodile Warrior

original files

Frank Axe Thrower

Koori Crocodile Warrior

Native American Rifleman

Polynesian Spearman

Attachments

• NRifleLarge.bmp
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,747
  • PolySpearLarge.bmp
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,060
  • FrankAxLarge.bmp
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,282
  • CrocWarriorLarge.bmp
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,529
Wow! 4 excellent units! I especially like the crocodile warrior..Is it historically accurate? I wasn't aware the aboriginies wore armor or costumes like that...

bombshoo said:
Wow! 4 excellent units! I especially like the crocodile warrior..Is it historically accurate? I wasn't aware the aboriginies wore armor or costumes like that...

No, I don't think that it is accurate. TopGun drew a picture, Kinboat made a crocodile head, and I finished the unit. ;) It's kind of a fun unit though.

I think there was a request for a mounted unit with a croc head, the one from the croc warrior would work great for it IMO

Anyway great units! :D :goodjob:

Wow, Utah.... great work there! :) You sure were busy over the summer. Thanks for making the Crocodile Warrior, the first unit for the Koori (a.k.a. Australian Aborigines). He's awesome and so are the other threee units. Thanks again, for giving us four great units to add to our mods. :goodjob:

Wonderful. Lots of flavor here. I might end up putting the French back in my game just to justify the use of that Frank; the Native American immediately takes the place of my previous NA Rifleman; and that Croc Warrior is headed for Africa to take the place of the Zulu Archer (not historical but waay better than the color-adjusted unit I'm using now)...

Your best work yet, Utah. Really top rate.

I actually thought of your old Frankish unit as your best.

Any chance you'll give the SlavicHorseman this new treatment?

- Redking

WOW, 4 nice flavor units…

Many thanks to you (& Kinboat)

I love so much the native rifleman. He will be an excellet adition for many people, Thanks again.

Steph said:
Nice ones! Do you also plan to finish the horse lancer you previewed some time ago?

Yes, I do plan on finishing the lancer. I don't want to, but I'll do it. Still, it'll be in the next pack. I'm also doing a Russian Pikeman and another Native American Rifleman that could be used for Western mods.

Nice ! (especially the Frank of course) !

Nah, feels great to be in the "thank you list" but my contribution is (by far) the smallest of all ... lol

I'm wondering how these units look on a PC. Are they okay? Do the civ-colors work okay?

Top Bottom