NOTW XXIX: Hired Swords - Game Thread

the wizard is back. (sorry, school). P.S. Is there any way to go about figuring out what I'm supposed to do here? This is my first game, so I'm completely lost.

The Maceman makes a good point.

The Lizardman claims to have a use for the herbs, but what reason have we to believe him? I would prefer to see someone else take a look at them first. Perhaps they might be able to verify what he says. Now that he's woken up, maybe the Wizard would be a good choice.

And, while we're on the subject of the Lizardman, I'd like to know if there's some kind of personal vendetta at work here, or if he has something more compelling to say against the Halberdier.

the wizard is back. (sorry, school). P.S. Is there any way to go about figuring out what I'm supposed to do here? This is my first game, so I'm completely lost.

The NOTW Information thread would be a good place to go.

''These herbs seem familiar to me, perhaps I have come across them on my long travels through this land. As all know, red is the colour of danger, warning, and herbs of such a colour should be treated with caution. Druids often dabble in poisons, so perhaps these are such. We must be cautious as to who these are given to. We can trust no one. Diamondeye is a lizardman, known to be unintelligent and carnivorous, what would it know about herbs?''

Dragonslayer says: The Lizardman has no intention to kill any of us, as he is a Lizard and thus doesn't care what happens during our Human Affairs.

Also, as he has said, he is sick, if he is better, than we will have a much stronger dragon on our side.

unvote: askthepizzaguy vote: Diamondeye

Dragonslayer says: The Lizardman has no intention to kill any of us, as he is a Lizard and thus doesn't care what happens during our Human Affairs.

Also, as he has said, he is sick, if he is better, than we will have a much stronger dragon on our side.

unvote: askthepizzaguy vote: Diamondeye

''I never implied that the lizard man wanted to kill us, I said he was carnivorous, not canibalistic. And as a member of this party, I'm sure he very much does care about what happens to this party. The party is multi-racial and can hardly be considered ''human affairs''. The Lizardman has not said he is sick (at least not in public), he said the cold affects him, which is likely considering he is cold-blooded. What makes you, or in fact anyone, think these herbs can help him? What do you thiink it is? Chile-powder? Besides, if the lizardman himself claims these herbs can make him better then isn't it slightly suspicious that the Druid, the man who previously owned the herbs, is now dead?''

The Maceman Ekolite makes a very compelling argument here. How crucial is it for the Lizard Man to gain this red herb? One would assume that if he were in imminent mortal danger (or even long-term danger) from the cold, he would be quite handicapped to have joined our party without first acquiring something to keep him warm to begin with.

I agree, the red herb might be worth some examination before the Lizard Man gets it.

unvote: DiamondEye, vote: abstain

I'll try to be quieter, but it"s not easy. I"m so big.

I do not trust the lizardman with the herbs, especially as we do not know what they are. Poison in the hands of a race of known assassins? I"m not bein specieist here, but when the dagger fits, eh? ekolite to receive the herbs

OOC: I'm bigger :p

IC: It is well-known that shades are undying. I suspect there may be some form of foul play regarding the death of the druid, so who else better to give the herbs to then a shade? I don't know if we can truly believe that these herbs are a ''cure'' for our cold-blooded friend, who as atpg says, does not appear to be in any imminent mortal danger, and it is well-known as thomas.berbueg says that lizardmen are known for their skills in assassination, so perhaps the lizardman wants the herbs for a much darker purpose. I will take the herbs, if I may, and upon inspection, should they appear to be a cure, and after discussion with the lizardman, I will consider handing them over. Should I discover them to be poisionous, or fail to identify them, I will keep them safe until we can find out more about them.''

''I never implied that the lizard man wanted to kill us, I said he was carnivorous, not canibalistic. And as a member of this party, I'm sure he very much does care about what happens to this party. The party is multi-racial and can hardly be considered ''human affairs''. The Lizardman has not said he is sick (at least not in public), he said the cold affects him, which is likely considering he is cold-blooded. What makes you, or in fact anyone, think these herbs can help him? What do you thiink it is? Chile-powder? Besides, if the lizardman himself claims these herbs can make him better then isn't it slightly suspicious that the Druid, the man who previously owned the herbs, is now dead?''

Dragonslayer says: Meh, Cold = Sick imo. If he was implying that he is cold, thn that is different.

Elokite, why should we trust you over any others? Atleast the Lizardman has a reason to have them, you do not.

Seeing as my previous item vote isnt going anywhere, ill continue my idea of voting the herbs to a magic guy. That would be you, Wizard.

"I am glad that sssome of you are intelligent enough to quessstion even my authority, being one of the company'sss ssseniorsss, but I am afraid that my point ssstandsss. When Captain Paulusss convincssed me to join into thisss cold terrain, he bought me a potion of warm blood, that hasss kept me warm and fit for fight.

Itsss effectsss have however worn off, and in thisss weather, it isss a quessstion of daysss before not even the prayersss to the Misssstressss of Fire can keep me moving. Thisss isss a quessstion of life and death to me. I can already feel the cold slowing me, and if I were the sssame sssizsse or physsshic than you, I would already be the weakessst here.

That isss luckily not the cassse, and I would asssume that I have some more daysss to go before the cold claimsss me. Unlessss we find sssomething to keep me warm. And let me sssay that the death of the druid hurtsss me, and hurtsss my oddsss of finding sssomeone who can provide sssuch an item. I want to take a look at the herbsss in perssson and judge if I can ussse them asss they are. If not, whoever can brew a potion of warm blood from them getsss my vote.

And I don't have an issssue with Thomasss Berubeg anymore persssonal than that of believing him resssponsssible for the nightly deathsss. If thisss isss not enough evidencsse for you, ssstay your word for my sssake. But if you want to root out the killersss like I do, we better ssstart now. And a logical ssstart would be with the Doviellosss."

That was just cold.

Hehe, get it? Arent I just a witty old elf?

The wizard has satisfied me. Perhaps the adept is responsible for the freezing. Let us give the Wizard the herbs, perhaps the will be useful to him as reagents for some alchemical spell.

"You can jessst if you will, but if you joke with my life, I'll rip out your intessstinesss and sssew a coat of your ssskin to keep me warm, underssstand?"

The Lizardman has clearly lost his temper and looks ill-minded at the Sidar. "A blanket againssst the blizzssardsss of Mulcarn? Thank you, but I fear that it isss of little help. But I will remember your underssstanding."

"I will not forsake a member of the clan even if the Witchdoctor does, The Lizardman, Diamondeye can have the Red Herbs"​

Perhaps the Berserker was dislusional but he was still waiting for the Illian to come forward. He paced back and forth looking at one member of the company to another. He stops at the Hunter, Stuck in Pi

"You have a familar feel to you, Stuck in Pi, Are you not the Illian I seek..."​

In the best interests of the item actually going to good use, it should be in the hands of a mage and amurite. The Wizard should receive the herbs: so says the Champion.

Vote tally so far:

Red herbs

Lizardman (Diamondeye) - 6: johnhughthom, sprig, TheLastOne36, Diamondeye, Frozen in Ice, Sepuku
Wizard (TForge13) - 4: rhawn, Autolycus, Pinman, Winston Hughes
Maceman (Ekolite) - 2: Ekolite, thomas.berubeg
Witch Doctor (askthepizzaguy) - 1: J-man
Abstain - 1: askthepizzaguy

Execution:

Halberdier (thomas.berubeg) - 2: Diamondeye, choxorn

Top Bottom