Unless you're Norway, ships normally can't heal outside of friendly water.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but here—playing as India—I have a Rest & Repair icon in neutral water for all three damaged ships, which does just that ie. healing +5 per turn. Is this correct?

r+r.jpg

Is there any way to get access to strategic resources owned by City-States?
I don't see any way, so I'm guessing not. Other than conquering them, of course.

Being suzerain for a city-state gives you access to their resources. I don't currently have suzerain status for a city-state with strategic resources so can't say if it works with them also.

Just a quick equestion.
During my first game, my cities (4 of them) are getting attacked by missionaries from India.
It was a lot and very annoying.
Is that normal ? was Gandhi challenging for war ?

Also all my neighbour were became unhappy. I understand that I built a city near to them but I apologized later on

I may be missing something, but when I created apostle he did not had any option exempt spreading religion.

So how do I get inquisitors?

Note that my civ is religious convert, no religion was found.

I'm not sure what you're describing. Are you saying that you bought an apostle in a city that did not follow your religion? What religion was majority in that city?

When the apostle does have your religion, you should see what is in the image below:

Launch Inquisition.jpg

Being suzerain for a city-state gives you access to their resources. I don't currently have suzerain status for a city-state with strategic resources so can't say if it works with them also.

Where are you getting that from? Does it say you get their resources somewhere in the Civilopedia? Because it's definitely not working that way. I am suzerain for a whole bunch of city-states and I am not getting resources from any of them.

What does the "Deploy" command do? It's on the list for my biplane, and it shows a green radius around it's location when I tried to use it. But I can't figure out what it's supposed to do. Deploy what?

Could this be because adjacency bonuses for each district vary? Holy Site is +1 per relevant district, +2 per natural wonder. Most districts only get +1 per 2 (or even 3) adjacent districts. OTOH, rivers are not hexes, so being next to a river is likely just a yes or no.

No, according to CIV6, I have two separate hexes giving me +2 from natural wonders (the same one, The Dead Sea), equalling +4. The game reports adjacency to rivers per hex side, just the same as a natural wonder (or anything else). It's simply treated differently, without any explanation.

Where are you getting that from? Does it say you get their resources somewhere in the Civilopedia? Because it's definitely not working that way. I am suzerain for a whole bunch of city-states and I am not getting resources from any of them.

It says in-game in the city state screen somewhere. I've read it as well. Not able to play it at the moment, so I can't relocate it, but it's there for sure.

Adjacency bonuses when building districts seem to have different rules for pretty every thing that its adjacent to.

For instance, If I build a Holy Site next to The Dead Sea (in the crinkle on one of the sides), I get +4 bonus for TWO adjacent natural wonder (i.e. the same one, but two separate bonuses, one for each side of the hex connects to the natural wonder, 2+2). If, however, I built a Commercial District in a crinkle in a river, where three sides of my hex connects to the river, I get... +2.

Could this be because adjacency bonuses for each district vary? Holy Site is +1 per relevant district, +2 per natural wonder. Most districts only get +1 per 2 (or even 3) adjacent districts. OTOH, rivers are not hexes, so being next to a river is likely just a yes or no.

No, according to CIV6, I have two separate hexes giving me +2 from natural wonders (the same one, The Dead Sea), equalling +4. The game reports adjacency to rivers per hex side, just the same as a natural wonder (or anything else). It's simply treated differently, without any explanation.

The in-game text for Commercial Hub adjacency is wrong -- you can only get one river adjacency bonus (+2 gold) from a commercial hub, regardless of how many rivers touch the commercial hub tile. Hopefully that will get fixed in a patch.

It says in-game in the city state screen somewhere. I've read it as well. Not able to play it at the moment, so I can't relocate it, but it's there for sure.

It is the last line of the suzerain bonus description. It says what resources you will get from them. It includes both luxury and strategic resources.

Spoiler :

suzerain_buenos_aires.PNG

suzerain_carthage.PNG

Quick question: Given that districts kill the yields of the tiles you place them on, isn't it always optimal to place them on deserts/other less useful tiles (provided you arent losing any adjacency bonuses)? Or does placing a campus (for instance) in a desert versus a grassland make a difference (other factors remaining the same)?

Bumping an earlier question..

Cathy captured 2 city states and waged war on me. I destroyed her units and took one city; she then sued for peace. I asked for both CSs and another city of hers near my border.

1) I couldn't find any option to Liberate the CSs after getting them in a peace deal.
2) I couldn't find any option to raise the given city.

Am I missing anything?

Bumping an earlier question..

I'm not sure. But I haven't noticed any penalty for putting certain districts on otherwise undesirable tiles like deserts. In fact, some districts do really well there, such as neighborhoods.

I will be updating my system with a new graphics card.
The old adapter does not meet minimum spec.
Will Civ6 use both adapters if I leave the old one installed?
Will Civ6 choose to use the new adapter if both are installed?
I'll find out in a week when the new adapter arrives, but I'm curious if anyone has run with multiple adapters (especially if one does not meet minimum spec).

How do I move an artifact to a different museum?
When the museum wasn't full, I got a message saying it had to be full. Now it's full and I can click on an artifact and it highlights the two other archaeological museums, but clicking on them does nothing.

Cathy captured 2 city states and waged war on me. I destroyed her units and took one city; she then sued for peace. I asked for both CSs and another city of hers near my border.

1) I couldn't find any option to Liberate the CSs after getting them in a peace deal.
2) I couldn't find any option to raise the given city.

Am I missing anything?

Right now, there are no liberate or raze options for cities acquired in a peace treaty.

Are you clicking on the other museum or clicking on an artifact in the other museum?

The other museum is empty. I tried clicking on the museum and on an empty slot in the museum, but nothing happens either way. Here's a screen shot. I clicked in the middle slot of Setia to pick up the artifact in that slot. You can see it's empty and my other two museums are highlighting. But clicking them does nothing.

Attachments

• artifacts.png
    artifacts.png
    349.9 KB · Views: 76
I will be updating my system with a new graphics card.
The old adapter does not meet minimum spec.
Will Civ6 use both adapters if I leave the old one installed?
Will Civ6 choose to use the new adapter if both are installed?
I'll find out in a week when the new adapter arrives, but I'm curious if anyone has run with multiple adapters (especially if one does not meet minimum spec).

The graphics settings in civ6 allow you to choose which GPU you play the game with.

The other museum is empty. I tried clicking on the museum and on an empty slot in the museum, but nothing happens either way. Here's a screen shot. I clicked in the middle slot of Setia to pick up the artifact in that slot. You can see it's empty and my other two museums are highlighting. But clicking them does nothing.

Apparently, you can only swap artifacts when BOTH the source and the destination museums are BOTH full. Be nice if the game told you that. Or at least didn't highlight invalid destinations.

Top Bottom