This is an opinion question, but I'm curious... I have Vanilla, the Rise and Fall Expansion, and Aztecs, but I haven't purchased the Poland, Australia, Persia/Macedonia, Nubia, or Khmer/Indonesia civ packs. They're sitting in my cart in steam and they're not on sale. They're like $33 all together. Should I wait until they go on sale? I hate to reward the game studio's monetization of every little thing, but I also want that stuff lol.

They've been on sale before, so they'll probably go on sale again. The content is good, but yeah, those 7 civs are more expensive together than R&F while R&F does have more content.

Australia, Nubia and Indonesia in particular are some of the most fun civs though, and I suppose Macodon is a lot of fun if you love warmongering (I personally tend to enjoy warmongering more on empire building civs, but I guess I'm just weird).

Oh and Jadwiga is just adorable.

So the Sumerian knight moved in one turn from the mined hill next to Amsterdam to the tile it is right now, killing my Archer. By my count, the marsh costs 3 movement and the grassland 1, which means he would not have 1 remaining to attack the archer.

Am I missing something or is the AI cheating?

Spoiler :

upload_2018-2-12_17-55-56.png

Is there are thread somewhere that compiles changes to existing game features since release of RNF? I just pumped a handful of envoys into Carthage only to realize that it has been stripped of its glory as part of the new expansion. :cry:

So the Sumerian knight moved in one turn from the mined hill next to Amsterdam to the tile it is right now, killing my Archer. By my count, the marsh costs 3 movement and the grassland 1, which means he would not have 1 remaining to attack the archer.

Am I missing something or is the AI cheating?

The marsh has a movement cost of 2.

What happens if a seowon (korean campus) is surrounded by 6 districts?

Adjaceny = 4 - 6 = -2? Or does it just stop at 0? (I assume it probably just stops at 0)

Is there a way to set the default UI so that the grid is off and the grid and resource icons are on?

Not entirely sure what you mean, but one of the buttons above the minimap opens a small menu that can turn the grid, resource icons and yields on and off.

If you're already aware of that and are wondering whether there's an option where you have it in a different configuration as standard when loading a game or starting a new one, I'm afraid I can't help you with that. I sure want to forward that question to someone who might know though.

With Ancestral Hall built, does any city receive +50% to settler building or just this particular one?
If governor Llang reassigned to another city, do fishery and/or city park in previous one stay?

With Ancestral Hall built, does any city receive +50% to settler building or just this particular one?
If governor Llang reassigned to another city, do fishery and/or city park in previous one stay?

I believe it's every city, but I might be mistaken.
Fishery and city park stay. So you move her around from city to city improving them all one by one.

A question about warmonger penalties:

Scenario: I want to wipe out Monti but also liberate 3 japanese cities from him. Is it better to declare a liberation war or a formal war to keep penalties as low as possible?
Or in other words. Does taking and keeping cities in a liberation war count as a surprise war (+50% penalties) or a formal war (normal penalties)?

I hope someone can help! Thanks.

Last edited:
A question about warmonger penalties:

Scenario: I want to wipe out Monti but also liberate 3 japanese cities from him. Is it better to declare a liberation war or a formal war to keep penalties as low as possible?
Or in other words. Does taking and keeping cities in a liberation war count as a surprise war (+50% penalties) or a formal war (normal penalties)?

I hope someone can help! Thanks.

I'm not entirely certain, but I think it would count as a formal war.

Can you only have 1 Ordu?
It shows the cost to build in the Civilipedia as 120 production and barracks as 90.

My second encampment has a 10 turn build on barracks and 52 turn build for Ordu. So I just built the barracks.

Third encampment is 2 turn build on barracks and 999+ for Ordu.

What gives?

Is there a list of everything that R&F changed? For example, vanilla civ changes, vanilla suzerain bonus changes, wonder requirements etc. I keep finding new things that I didn't epxect and want to just reference a list

2nd question: Do you have to work a culture-giving tile to get tourism from it (after getting flight)? Ex. can I build a Chemamull or Chateau 4 tiles from a city and still get tourism even though I can't work it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a list of everything that R&F changed? For example, vanilla civ changes, vanilla suzerain bonus changes, wonder requirements etc. I keep finding new things that I didn't epxect and want to just reference a list

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/rise-and-fall-features-thread.624895/

2nd question: Do you have to work a culture-giving tile to get tourism from it (after getting flight)? Ex. can I build a Chemamull or Chateau 4 tiles from a city and still get tourism even though I can't work it?

You don't have to work them for the tourism, but you do for other yields.

Thanks. Although I looked at the first page of that thread and theres no mention of changed suzerain bonuses, so there may be other missing things too. Maybe they're later in the thread, but... it's a long thread

I don’t see the suzerain changes but Arioch has an excellent summary as well: http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_riseandfall.html

This screenshot thread From Giskler has the changes for Jerusalem, Preslav and Carthage. It is under the “City states” header: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/screencap-compilation.627462/

Last edited:
Top Bottom