Random Raves XLV: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea; any suggestions for what i should give to any "supporters"? ^_^

weekly product like article, short story, poetry, trivia regarding the field of your interest: Philosophy, History, Horror, Art, Psychology, Math, or the relations between those variable.

Intertextual Title or topic like:
Philosophy of Horror
The Mathematics of Horror
Deconstructing the concept of Horror (why we fear certain things or condition, like being trap, narrow place, etc)
a Unique and un-usual approach of horror story
Byzantium of Horror (hahaha)
etc

Horror poem, or artwork also nice, asking the funder opinion about certain work that induced discussion will be interesting also.

rest assured I will be your supporter, count you already have one

edit: However maybe it will be helpful if you tell us what we will get by being your supporter?
Good idea; any suggestions for what i should give to any "supporters"? ^_^
Signed prints of your works and the promise of recovering our investment if we bring in more investors, logically.

Or previews to your upcoming works, access to Q&As, etc.

Just letting you know that I started having a Patreon page today... Feel free to have a look - though atm there is only one article of mine there ^_^
https://www.patreon.com/Kyriakos
I checked out the link you used to have in your sig, and bookmarked it for when I can actually read (the surgeon told me today to book an appointment with an optometrist in another 3 weeks because I'm going to need reading glasses).

So that page is now gone and I won't be able to read it?

I don't have any direct experience with Patreon but early previews and/or Q&A sessions do seem to be pretty typical rewards.

weekly product like article, short story, poetry, trivia regarding the field of your interest: Philosophy, History, Horror, Art, Psychology, Math, or the relations between those variable.

Intertextual Title or topic like:
Philosophy of Horror
The Mathematics of Horror
Deconstructing the concept of Horror (why we fear certain things or condition, like being trap, narrow place, etc)
a Unique and un-usual approach of horror story
Byzantium of Horror (hahaha)
etc

Horror poem, or artwork also nice, asking the funder opinion about certain work that induced discussion will be interesting also.

Hm, well it is the first time i am using a patreon page... I now added some things like the ones you suggested... :D

I checked out the link you used to have in your sig, and bookmarked it for when I can actually read (the surgeon told me today to book an appointment with an optometrist in another 3 weeks because I'm going to need reading glasses).

So that page is now gone and I won't be able to read it?

The page isn't gone, i will pm it to you (it just has some of my articles) :)

playing ff 4 remake on my phone, how I love JRPG grinding on the world map, and that random encounter, it gives me a shivering feeling of nostalgia. Feel so good.

I can has pizza! :dance:

Between the issue of part of my grocery order getting forgotten in the store's freezer and delivered a day late and my fight with Canada Post, I figured I deserved some pizza. After all, I had enough points for a free medium, 2-topping pizza, so why not?

Then the restaurant's website refused to take my order and up came a message to call the store. I did, explained that the website wasn't working, and was told, "I can't do anything about the website, but I can take your order over the phone." So I told him I'm trying to redeem points for a free pizza (an online loyalty program item that can't be redeemed over the phone), and he thought about it and said, "I'll make your free pizza. I'm not supposed to, but I will anyway."

So I got my free pizza (and ordered my favorite 4-topping one I mentioned before, as well). :D

Now 2 episodes of my soap await while I munch on pepperoni/tomato pizza.

I've succeeded in getting my wife into Warhammer 40k. Helping me with my miniatures has piqued her interest and now she wants to collect a Slaanesh Chaos Daemon army.

A TELUS technician was here today, swapping out my old modem for a newer one. Along the way, he showed me some stuff that none of the other technicians had, in how to use various features of my TV and PVR.

So now I can watch DVDs on the TV (which means if I don't come back for awhile some day, I'm binge-watching years' worth of Bonanza, The Borgias, or Classic Doctor Who).

I've succeeded in getting my wife into Warhammer 40k. Helping me with my miniatures has piqued her interest and now she wants to collect a Slaanesh Chaos Daemon army.
I always support nerdification, but have you thought about who'll keep the bed-occupying terrorist(s) at bay if your wife is busy?
The only solution I see is to get your girl to play as they do in Darths and Droids. Where Jar-Jar is a genius.

I am always surprised - and a bit moved - that some people give me stuff for free. Just noting that if they ever also need something i might be able to help them and that we are friends.
I love getting things for free! When I was a teller in Georgia, this one local restaurant/bar was a regular customer I'd see making their deposits, and the manager who usually came in would give me free drinks if he saw me come in. And the owner of an Edible Arrangements would bring me small bouquets, he knew how much I love fresh fruit. I've also had a few occasions where taxi drivers didn't charge me either, which is always such a lovely surprise!

What were you given today @Kyriakos?

I love getting things for free! When I was a teller in Georgia, this one local restaurant/bar was a regular customer I'd see making their deposits, and the manager who usually came in would give me free drinks if he saw me come in. And the owner of an Edible Arrangements would bring me small bouquets, he knew how much I love fresh fruit. I've also had a few occasions where taxi drivers didn't charge me either, which is always such a lovely surprise!

What were you given today @Kyriakos?

I was given a negative answer when i offered to pay back a minor amount, and then got a second patron at Patreon when i specifically told them to not even think of becoming a patron.

Breakfast this morning was delightful; sunny, warm and outside.

IMG_3331.jpg

I was given an ambitious mission patch concept and I started it today. It's turned out better than I thought it would but I don't know how well the South Park-esque dog will go over with my coworkers. I'm surprised I got this much done in one day. I have to add a few details on the spacecraft but this is more or less the design.

I'm not super happy with the brown border, I think I'm going to make it white instead of brown.
Spoiler :
patch.png

I was given an ambitious mission patch concept and I started it today. It's turned out better than I thought it would but I don't know how well the South Park-esque dog will go over with my coworkers. I'm surprised I got this much done in one day. I have to add a few details on the spacecraft but this is more or less the design.

I'm not super happy with the brown border, I think I'm going to make it white instead of brown.
Keep the border brown. It provides a good balance of dark, medium, and light colors, and anchors the dogs so they don't seem out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom