Tiger! (11/16/2005)

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your tiger. It actually makes the jungles even closer to the true threat they are in reality. Facing that powerful cat in territory you can't quickly escape or see very far. It's quite fun.

Oh, yeah... and it's gorgeous

Agraza said:
More please! Cougars, Polar Bears, Panda Bears, White Lions!

Maybe even Giant Squid :)

I mostly agree with you, but how would panda bears fight? They just sit around and eat bamboo. Also, do you mean white tigers? I don't think white lions exist.

Giant squid would be awesome, though!

Great job on the skin, Supa

al_thor said:
Yeah, maybe some BABY seals. That would be sweet. There's nothin like clubbin some baby seals. Too bad there isn't blood and splatter animation.

Dude, that's sick. I could understand joking about it, but I don't want to see baby seals die on my comp.

All animals can be white but they usually die fast in wild, because they don't have same sun protection and usualy the other doesn't treat it well.

Edcase and Supa, some tutorial or info how to make new skins?

Agraza said:
More please! Cougars, Polar Bears, Panda Bears, White Lions!

Oh my!

Venger
P.S. 9 out of 10 won't get it...
P.S.2. That tiger sure looks GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRREAATTT!!!
P.S.3. 9 out of 10 won't get that either...

Great unit! :goodjob:

One note though. In the installation instructions you write that the following should be added in CIV4GameTextInfos.xml. But I noticed that all the other units have their infos in CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml. So which one is it? Will it work in both?

Code:
<TEXT>
	<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_TIGER</Tag>
	<English>Tiger</English>
	<French>Tigre</French>
	<German>Tiger</German>
	<Italian>Tigre</Italian>
	<Spanish>Tigre</Spanish>
</TEXT>

Also the format of the paragraphs are slightly different in CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml.

Hi Supa, wanted to thank you for your fantastic tiger. Is it a replacement for the Panther or is it in addition to? The reason that I ask is that in both of the 2 test games I've played (Pangea, with Tropical climate) I've seen tigers and lions (and bears oh my!) but no Panthers?

Exel, with CIV4GameTextInfos_*.xml, it doesn't matter where you put the entries. To simplify my life, I've put every new entries in the same file.

Blitzhund > Unless I've made a mistake (but I think I would have noticed it), panthers should there. I didn't modify any Panthers entries and so, they shouldn't be affected. Plus, I'm sure to have seen both in my games.

Thanks Supa, just haven't ran into any in my game - I'm sure I will. Thanks again for the uber-toll mod

Top Bottom