1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

UNITS: Japanese Units Pack

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Dom Pedro II, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Kal-el

Kal-el Deity

excellent!

2. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Very nice units.

The Samurai Cavalry and The Meiji Riflemen have now found a home in the Graphics Flavour mod ;)

Don't know where to use the musketman though, as they Arqubusier that came with PTW is almost perfect for that in my mod. But in other scenarios I can see a use.

Good units, and btw, listen to what Redking said there a few posts up! :)

3. Xen

Xen Magister

dose this mean that the Roman unit yuour working on might come out eventually ;)

4. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

>> Don't know where to use the musketman though, as they Arqubusier that came with PTW is almost perfect for that in my mod. But in other scenarios I can see a use.

Just add a new unit between the arquebusier and the rifleman, coming with Military Tradition. At least, it's what I've done.

5. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

My grapchics flavour mod doesn't add any new units. Only graphics for the existing ones.

6. Kindred72

Kindred72 Vampire

Thats Good! Take a look back and see how much I got ripped on my first few units!:D Yours are much better than mine were.

7. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Yes. Yes, it does. I've got the Fulminata and the CnP Pack to do before I can truly rest... :lol: btw, I've been watching your avatar rotation pretty closely the last few days and am amused... :D

Grey Fox: If you can't find a place for the Japanese Musketeer in your mod, that is fine. I am honored that you have included my other units. :)

8. Xen

Xen Magister

I'm glad my choices in my avatar (and the title as well i hope ;) are making people have a slightly lightend up day :)

though I dont know what I might do after this.. I knda like the title "rageing lesbian", but I like this one too, and no clue what an avatar might be....

9. ShiroKobbure

ShiroKobbure Still modding Civ3

10. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Ta very much! :goodjob:

I particularly like the musketeer. It's nice to have good quality flavour units.

11. TopGun

TopGun 258 kills

Purty dang cool, them Jap units...

12. ShiroKobbure

ShiroKobbure Still modding Civ3

13. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

14. gorn

gorn quick & merciful

Gotta agree with Supa ... these units are not centered. It's a shame, because they are otherwise absolutely beautifull.

Someone gave me a smart-ass reponse once in another thread and told me to download graphics tools and do it myself. I appreciate the advice & might take them up on it one of these days - in the meantime, I am trying to offer some constructive criticism to the maker. Most of the folks making gorgeous units like these are usually open to it.

15. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. Dom Pedro II

I didn't test them in-game yet admittedly. Normally, I do. And it's weird because I keep having to move my units way up. I really don't understand why it happens... :confused: But since other people don't have to do it, I can only assume its something in my unit-making process.

But isn't there a way to alter the alignment in the file that text file with all of the animations?

I just don't get why my animations always seem to come out off-center... :confused:

17. Kinboat

Kinboat Conan the Librarian

Yeah... If you open the FLC in FLICster and extract it as the 8 directional FLCs it also creates an INI file that you can then edit the x, y-axis settings... Then you open the INI in FLICster and it will ask you if you wish to recombine them. After I started making my own models I standardized my frame size and just did this once. Then I just load one of the first FLCs and rename it for my new FLCs... I don't think I've gotten position complaints since I either I got it right or people aren't paying attention :)

18. Dom Pedro II

You got it right.

EDIT: I think I must have missed something though... so you make the storyboards in SBB, then copy and paste them into a FLICster storyboard... and then what? You make the FLC and then break it down again into the 8 directional FLCs, paste in the old INI and then compile it again? Or is there a way to go straight to 8 directional FLCs from the storyboard? For some reason it says the Civ3 FLC produces 8 Files, but it doesn't seem to... :confused:

19. Dom Pedro II

Ok, I'll fix the alignment issue with FLICster and then repost. Hopefully, I can take care of that tomorrow.

20. Kindred72

Kindred72 Vampire

Dom, You're not the only one. I have to raise my units way up when I'm done too. here's how I do it.

Create the unit flic as normal.
    Open the flic again in flicster and export the 8 directional flics into a file.
    This will create an INI file. open it with wordpad or whatever, and edit the y-axis. I am using Kinboats setup and I always subtract 23 from the y number (i think)

Open the INI in flicster and it will ask if you want to combine them into a new flic.

say yes.

whala! fixed.