UNITS: Japanese Units Pack

@ShiroKobbure: He already said that the samurai cavalry that he made is imaginary, just to maybe add a little flavor, some sort of alternative history.

yes that is a purely western idea
also the japanese didnt have plate armor until the dutch came to japan and even then plate armor wouldnt have been seen on horses rather on pesant samurai troops...armor for the most part is made to look pretty its 2nd use is protection

I hope you all can understand my english. this isnt my first language....

In case anyone's wondering how best to use these goodies...

I gave the mounted dude to the Takeda and Uesigi clans replacing the mounted samurai for them because their cavalry were the most feared in Japan. I gave the musketeer dude to the Oda clan replacing the standard arbequesque for them because Oda Nobunaga's musketeers were absolutely deadly and he was the first to use them largescale in combat.

Don Pedro II, do you still have the frames/storyboard in RGB (I mean from before FLICster)? The shadows are completly black... and there's an easy way to avoid it, if you still have the storyboards. I'll gladly help both with shadows and centering if you allow.

I don't see what the big problem is. :confused: I'm using the cavalry dude now in my game and its a beauty: really nice detail and one of the best custom units I've seen. It's only very slightly off-centre and it doesn't bother me at all, but I'm sure embryodead could fix it up easily to make it the perfect unit.

embryodead: It's a question of adjusting the palette colors to make the shadows lighter, no? Should do the trick. If it's anything more complicated though, I'll post the storyboards. :D

>> It's a question of adjusting the palette colors to make the shadows lighter, no?

I think there is something with the color palette for shadows. Green, dark pink ? :-?

Dom Pedro, i have seen some pictures of chinese rifleman of the 19 century, and i think that with a little modification you can "build" one over this base.
What do you think? I can give you pictures.

Again: Amazing work.

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
embryodead: It's a question of adjusting the palette colors to make the shadows lighter, no? Should do the trick. If it's anything more complicated though, I'll post the storyboards. :D

Yep. The only thing is that it must done on RGB storyboard, so that you can use new palette with shadows from 1st to 6th color (currently they're from 1st to 16th, that's why they're black). Usually it isn't complicated, but it varies from unit to unit.

Yeah, I've got it. I changed the last four colors in the shadow row in the palette to black and then repasted the bitmap storyboard over the pcx storyboard and now the shadows are sufficiently lighter.

would be safer to change them to magenta instead of black, because you risk that some units parts will use it and get smoky (won't be seen in flicster, only in-game).

It can be deceiving since FLICster has gray background, so you won't see terrain thru smoke as you would see in game.

Top Bottom