What movie(s) have you seen IX:The Police Academy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to watch The Desolation of Smaug recently, but I never get around to it.

I've been trying to watch The Desolation of Smaug recently, but I never get around to it.

Me, too. I was so disappointed by the first film.

I just watched the beginning of Cheerleader Massacre 2 because of a running joke among some of my friends about it being so terrible. Everybody was dead in the first five minutes. I stopped watching.

Then they had to make sequels to that movie.

Soderbergh has to pay the bills, so he can make awesome films, like Che: The Argentine and Che: The Guerrilla

Ooooh. We watched Twenty Feet from Stardom (2014 Oscar Winner, Best Documentary), last night for a friends birthday.

Awesome!

11/10.

Hygro, if you have not seen it, I highly recommend you do.

Ajami, directed by Scandar Copti. So… sad. Such an unexpected ending. :sad:

I watched Super 8.
It was dreadful. IMDB rates it 7.0+ and they are usually a good barometre. Not this time.

I might be returning back to my more heavy movie watching days that I had near 2013.

Brief reviews:

X-men days of future past (2014)

Saw this opening weekend in the US (2 weeks ago?) and this was a post I made right after seeing it--overall, it's a pretty good summer flick:

Just saw it, was a bit dragged out/sappy but a solid ~70% for me. I trend low in rating movies (e.g. like >80% is really high for me)

I thought it slowed down a bit ~3/4 the way in. The pacing and plot and character development before that was really good.

Odd Thomas

Watched this earlier this week, I rather liked it. Quick and fun, granted nothing super special but critics/reviews heavily disliked it while the audience are favourable. It was definitely better than, say, John Dies at the End

about a guy that can interact with the dead and kinda see death coming. I'd recommend it if you take it light heartedly.

For D-Day I watched Saving Private Ryan and The Longest Day.

The Elephant Man. It was alright.

Trainspotting. I hadn't ever noticed that one of the actors was Kevin McKidd. In fact, I didn't even recognise him until I saw his name in the title cast.

Saw Godzilla this week. Easily one of the most effective movies I've ever watched.

^Many claim it is a very weak movie. I haven't seen it yet, though, but i would not expect much more than a monster movie with Watanabe as a highlight.
Watanabe is easily the weakest part. Fortunately, he's on screen for like...5 minutes. FWIW, from what I've seen of your tastes, I think you'll like it, and find it interesting. Less focus on dumb action, more building Godzilla and the Monsters as numinous and terrible entities.

Watanabe is easily the weakest part. Fortunately, he's on screen for like...5 minutes. FWIW, from what I've seen of your tastes, I think you'll like it, and find it interesting. Less focus on dumb action, more building Godzilla and the Monsters as numinous and terrible entities.

Then he would still be on screen for more time than Godzilla :mischief: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom