Which Movies Have You Seen Lately? V for Five

The film was defined for me in its first minutes, where that French peasant was shown hacking away at en empty chopping block. :rolleyes:
You're just bitter because Hitler wasn't saved at the last minute by a crack team of Estonian Freedom Fighters Who Seriously Love Freedom, Not Fascism, Freedom, And Also Jews. :p

So I watched The Social Network recently. It was a very gripping movie, though I'm not entirely sure why. Most of the characters were deplorable in their own way, except for perhaps Eduardo Saverin. But even then I only felt sympathy for him because he was screwed over.

The main emotion I felt after viewing it was of despair at my own (relative, I guess) lack of achievement. It didn't take long for me to return to my usual delusionally arrogant ways but props to the movie for temporarily knocking me out of it.

Watched 7 Samurai last night. Needless to say it has already placed itself on my top 5 movies ever.

Is it available online for free anywhere?

^ You shouldn't have trouble finding the 7 Samurai online.

You're just bitter because Hitler wasn't saved at the last minute by a crack team of Estonian Freedom Fighters Who Seriously Love Freedom, Not Fascism, Freedom, And Also Jews. :p
If you only love that film because it shows Hitler die, I'll recommend Der Untergang for you. As a bonus, that movie has other merits besides this aspect. Not like that Overhyped Tarantino Flick(TM).

The Return of the Pink Panther. Not the best movie I've seen, but it was alright. Funny enough, half decent plot, and Peter Sellers is very good. 6/10

If you only love that film because it shows Hitler die...
That is actually a great argument in it's favour, but not at all for the reasons you most likely assume. ;)

...I'll recommend Der Untergang for you.
Seen it, and, yes, it's a cracker. ;)

As a bonus, that movie has other merits besides this aspect. Not like that Overhyped Tarantino Flick(TM).
I get the impression that you stopped paying attention as soon as the peasant was finished their chopping. :rolleyes:

(Also, the "(TM)" thing only works if it's an established phrase or expression, not just something you've just made up.)

(Also, the "(TM)" thing only works if it's an established phrase or expression, not just something you've just made up.)
Its pretty established for me, I've hated everything he's done since Pulp Fiction. I guess it's my own fault for watching on...fool me twice and all that.

Its pretty established for me, I've hated everything he's done since Pulp Fiction. I guess it's my own fault for watching on...fool me twice and all that.
I'm not debating the sentiment, I'm just saying that the device in question is intended ironically, and so doesn't work when applied to an explicit pejorative.

That reminds me, I saw Orgazmo recently, which I've been meaning to see for a while as I'm a huge South Park Fan. Not a very good movie, though I loved Trey's acting. :D He's actually a very talented guy and can do a lot more than just write a funny show and do voices.

Is it available online for free anywhere?

Yes. 7 Samurai, and many other of Kurosawa's classic films (Yojimbo, Rashoman) are available on watch instantly on netflix.

Top Bottom