Which US state is the Boringest?

Which US state is the Boringest?

• Total voters
north dakota has dinosaur bones, and wyoming has hot springs, nuclear missiles and a suspension bridge. I voted idaho because I'm not entirely convinced it exists
edit:damn, accidently pressed utah-ignore that vote

Delaware is pretty nice, but it is boring.

I might say Montana is pretty boring, but I've never been there. Or Utah.

Western Montana is actually pretty cool. The flags, gun stores, and churches are strange, and hearing someone use the N word in a bar is jarring... but surely there are more boring states.

It's the people, not the state, that makes the state boring, ennui, banal, trite, whatever other french word-like. And how well those people are fun-wise matters on you. That said, I'd say Wisconsin. D:

Example: New Jersey is boring. I like Louisiana a bit better.
The NJ population is awful. Ignoramuses, jackasses, bores, and buttholes. However, the nonpopulation part of NJ is nice. In other words, the city of Cape May (which has dolphins and horseshoe crabs that come to shore in the summer), and the city of Princeton, which is the prettiest American city I've ever seen.

It's the people, not the state, that makes the state boring, ennui, banal, trite, whatever other french word-like. And how well those people are fun-wise matters on you. That said, I'd say Wisconsin. D:

Example: New Jersey is boring. I like Louisiana a bit better.
ha, yeah. You can say a lot of things about Louisiana, but it sure as hell ain't boring.

PS I think we are practically neighbors now.

Ohio, definitely Ohio.

You take that back. Ohio isn't California but it shouldn't even be on the poll of boring.

Of all the states I have actually visited, I think Indiana is the most boring. Indianapolis is the most dull "big city" in the country, and the entire state is just barren farmland outside of that...it is a terrible drive. Alabama also isn't the most exciting place in the world, but they have EXCEPTIONAL rest stops.

I have yet to go to Idaho or one of the Dakotas. Delaware sounds pretty boring to me too though.

Of the states I've lived in (NJ, NY, CT, CA, LA), I'd have to say that LA is the most boring, only because it's so goddamn hot, I never want to do anything when I'm there.

Of the states I've actually been to, which is about 50% of them, I'm not sure which would be the most boring. AZ perhaps. Or perhaps WV. Or maybe MS.

I voted idaho because I'm not entirely convinced it exists
I have heard theories to the effect that Idaho doesn't actually exist. My brother in law claims to be from there, and my fiancee claims to have gone to college there, but can anyone really know?

edit:damn, accidently pressed utah-ignore that vote

Voted Utah on purpose, even though I've been there once and it was among the most interesting 2 months of my life.

Those Rocky Mountains aren't very mountainous at all...nope... :crazyeye:

How maany times have you been to Idaho? I've been there probably 20+ times, and I'm telling you it isn't all that mountainous in terms of how it actually feels when you're there! A huge chunk of the state is just flat and boring, and even the mountains look boring compared with the mountains of Utah, Colorado, WA, California, etc.

Heck, Idaho isn't even in the top 10 states in terms of highest point!

certainly south dakota has to be more boring than the north--at least north dakota has the honor of always being mentioned with regards to random podunk states.

Of the ones I have been to, I have to say Nebraska.

Kansas isn't boring, it's just evil! ;)

And some bastard voted for it too! :mad:

I certainly would not vote for Maryland as boringest, but I do think its kinda boring:

1) Everyone I know who has spent a good deal of time there thinks Baltimore is lame.
2) Its claim to fame (crab) is maybe the 3rd best kind of crab in the country (which is why they have to cake it).
3) What else is there? I mean its really close to interesting stuff (like DC) but I dont think that counts does it?

One very cool thing about Baltimore though is Cal Ripken Jr. played there!

Educate me on the interestingness of Maryland!

Some state in the inner regions with no influential cities, industries, or landmarks. There's probably a few of them.

Maryland is pretty boring, but that's coming from a Northern Virginian. I voted Delaware simply to encourage the race between Delaware and anti-Delaware in the poll. However, Montana and Idaho have been getting on my nerves of late because it's hard to ignore the obvious parallels to Hannah and Duncan, a match made in Hell. In fact, there are all too many people named after states - lousy Williams, Wolfe, Irving, Jones :rolleyes: etc...

I voted Utah. I mean what can be fun about a state with the third most national parks? And these Winter Olympics I heard about in 2002? boooorrrrinnnggg.

ha, yeah. You can say a lot of things about Louisiana, but it sure as hell ain't boring.

PS I think we are practically neighbors now.

Hail to the smooch, mon ami, not I. ;p Also, wait till you learn the difference between mon copine and cher. It's physically awesome. heh.

Top Bottom