2020 US Election (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard somewhere - I'll try to find the source again - that Hillary Clinton still has never formally conceded defeat for the election in 2016 - a trait usually associated with Third World Emerging Democracy official defeated candidates.

Unless you are warning us about a website, what is the value in linking a false article from years ago?

I don't think it's wrong to highlight old lies, because of the value in reminding people of reputation. Do you recall what sort of person was fooled by the article in the first place?

Unless you are warning us about a website, what is the value in linking a false article from years ago?

I don't think it's wrong to highlight old lies, because of the value in reminding people of reputation. Do you recall what sort of person was fooled by the article in the first place?

A co-worker first linked it to me. He said I might find it "interesting," given I was making a typical rant on U.S. politics, but at the workplace at the time. It's one of only three links he ever gave me (and one was for a Boxing Day sale on a Canadian-sub-distribution site), so I'm not that certain about his online haunts. Hillary Clinton was, from a non-American viewpoint, very unpopular in my home Province of Alberta, even though opinions on Trump varied, back in 2016, at least as I could tell from my social circles.

A rightwing Albertan, I guess. No surprise they've been targeted by pro-Republican propaganda.

Clinton formally conceded in public on Nov 9. She claims that she personally conceded Nov 8. There's no way to prove that, but also no real reason to doubt it. She even gave passing nods to 'giving him a chance'.

A rightwing Albertan, I guess. No surprise they've been targeted by pro-Republican propaganda.

Clinton formally conceded in public on Nov 9. She claims that she personally conceded Nov 8. There's no way to prove that, but also no real reason to doubt it. She even gave passing nods to 'giving him a chance'.

Supporters of the NDP here in Canada, like myself, somewhat jokingly, perhaps slightly derisively, say that the Conservative and Liberal Parties of Canada have become the Republican and Democratic Parties of the United States, respectively, "light."

Chris Cristie just called Trump's legal challenges a "national embarrassment" and the GOP governor of Pennsylvania said unequivocally that Trump lost. Another GOP senator said the Biden transition needs to start tomorrow as well.

fyi, the governor of Pennsylvania is Tom Wolf, a Democrat.

Chris Cristie just called Trump's legal challenges a "national embarrassment" and the GOP governor of Pennsylvania said unequivocally that Trump lost. Another GOP senator said the Biden transition needs to start tomorrow as well.

fyi, the governor of Pennsylvania is Tom Wolf, a Democrat.

Regardless of Wolfe's party affiliation, the Republican Party of the United States is now in the process of throwing Trump under the bus, like they did to Nixon and Bush, and like I predicted they would, but few here believed me at the time - the belief in Trump's command of the GOP, and it's unwavering loyalty to him, seem unquestioned by most on these forums when I made the prediction.

How many recounts did Gore get ?

Trump Requests Georgia Recount, Meaning 5 Million Votes Will Be Tabulated A 3rd Time
Georgia's nearly 5 million votes in the presidential race will be counted for a third time, as President Trump's campaign has formally asked for a recount because his loss is within the legal margin for that request.

Of the 4,998,482 ballots cast in the race between Trump and President-elect Joe Biden, the president lost by 12,670 votes, or about 0.26 percentage points. State law allows a losing candidate within 0.5 percentage points to ask for a recount within two business days of certification.

While thousands of workers spent most of the last week hand-counting every vote as part of a newly required statewide risk-limiting audit, this recount will be different.
The law calls for a recount to be conducted by retabulating every ballot through a scanner, the same way they were originally counted in the days following the Nov. 3 election.
The machine recount is unlikely to change the results. It is also more accurate than the hand-count audit, which confirmed Biden's victory over Trump and was within 0.10% of the original number of ballots counted.

https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-...ing-5-million-votes-will-be-tabulated-a-3rd-t

How many recounts did Gore get ?
Gore conceded he had lost the election.

Trump is attempting to win by marshaling the Power of Positive Thinking. He will think he has won until he has.

Green shoots of hope are sprouting that this long nightmare is finally ending.
The green shoots will soon whither, since many of the GOP sleazeballs cower in fear of Trump's tweets and their effects on his delusional following who have isolated themselves from reality and are happily talking conspiracy bollocks in their reinforced steel bubbles. Because these nutjobs still vote. And many want their votes. So they appease the Toddler in Chief in his anti-American endeavours, in order to secure the loony vote.

The green shoots will soon whither, since many of the GOP sleazeballs cower in fear of Trump's tweets and their effects on his delusional following who have isolated themselves from reality and are happily talking conspiracy bollocks in their reinforced steel bubbles. Because these nutjobs still vote. And many want their votes. So they appease the Toddler in Chief in his anti-American endeavours, in order to secure the loony vote.

And sadly this is probably your new normal. Expect something like this every election.

Regardless of Wolfe's party affiliation, the Republican Party of the United States is now in the process of throwing Trump under the bus, like they did to Nixon and Bush, and like I predicted they would, but few here believed me at the time - the belief in Trump's command of the GOP, and it's unwavering loyalty to him, seem unquestioned by most on these forums when I made the prediction.

This is my opinion too. And thank you for expressing it not quite so hyperbolically.

Donald Trump's justification was that he was a Winner.

Once he has been shown to be a Loser, his support automatically dissappears.

The only two things that I can think of that are delaying the GOP knives in his back are
that some may feel it may be more politic to await inauguration day and the Georgia rerun.

Those counts are a legal and precedented event. Right now, the right-wing cannot distinguish between legitimate court cases and useless court cases, and I see no alternative but to constantly pointing out the difference

Oh, and in anecdotal news "Fox is corrupt too" is now on my social media feed, as in, I actually know people saying it.

So, wow that was fast.
I'm still stunned at the speed it reached me. A week ago, I saw people commenting on the rightwing rebellion, this week people are actually telling me about it from their perspective

She registered 800k new voters in the 2 years since she had her own election for governor stolen. I wonder if Kemp sees the writing on the wall yet?
800,000 is a huge deal in 2020 right now!
Georgia flipping blue is amazing.

Did she ever concede her election loss of 54,000 votes for governor?

Right now, the right-wing cannot distinguish between legitimate court cases and useless court cases, and I see no alternative but to constantly pointing out the difference

To be pedantic, you mean the Republican Party of the United States. I doubt the Libertarian Party of the United States, the Constitution Party of the United States, or other right-wing Third Parties and Independents would protect the GOP point-of-view here, and certainly the centre-right-wing-on-the Political-Spectrum part of the Democratic Party of the United States, which is a significant part of their leadership and includes, I might add, Biden and the Clintons, greatly oppose the GOP's stand on this. The Republican Party of the United States is NOT coterminous or conflatable with the RIGHT-WING of the United States as whole, nor is the Democratic Party of the United States coterminous or conflatable with the LEFT-WING in the United States. It's not that simple, and it's highly lazy and inaccurate speech, and a, perhaps inadvertent and subconscious, but still there, confirmation of the natural "supremacy and exhaustive representation of all political belief and endeavour between the two Duopoly," and of transcending them in view beyond just two of hundreds of thousands of political parties in the world, and even greatly narrowing in their platforms and bailiwicks from the 'big tent," parties they used to be.

The world does move on from everyone, eventually. They may be remembered in history, but the world doesn't hang on anyone forever...

As I said earlier, I actually see the GOP establishment in the process of throwing Trump under the bus like they did to Nixon and Bush, and not trying to cling to raving, but losing prospect, for the primetime adult cartoon reasons you gave above, ultimately. The GOP is heartless, even to their own, especially if their own can't "deliver," and reliably.

To be pedantic, you mean the Republican Party of the United States.
I don't.
This is why I know people who are right-wing, but not Republicans, who cannot distinguish the difference.

You're in Alberta, right? Rebel Media cannot tell the difference.

I don't.
This is why I know people who are right-wing, but not Republicans, who cannot distinguish the difference.

You're in Alberta, right? Rebel Media cannot tell the difference.

But can Biden or the Clintons (Centre-Right - thus on the Right-Wing) think the same. And you're statement is EXTREMELY expansive and broadly-stated - absolutist, in fact - a type of thinking that ONLY needs ONE EXCEPTION to completely and utterly disprove, and, as I've said several times here before (though usually to negative reception, but I stand by this) such absolutist views of people by single traits, whatever that trait may be, is, in fact, the EXACT same core mentality as all the various groups known for promoting bigotry and hatred, even if applied differently, and NO MORE respectable, ethical, or credible, or holding any higher ground. Speaking in absolutism and sweeping statements about people based on single traits kills any integrity and sinks their message utterly - except amongst others who also lack integrity and any sort of clarity of affairs.

Speaking in absolutism and sweeping statements about people based on single traits kills any integrity and sinks their message utterly - except amongst others who also lack integrity and any sort of clarity of affairs.

You don't say.

I don't agree. I think that your sweeping and absolutist statements just sinks your message utterly*, I don't think you have traction with those who lack integrity.

I know you enjoy people asking you please, for the love of God, be less verbose. May I introduce a hashtag you can use?

#notall

Like, in this case, instead of insulting me and my target audience (and thus sinking your message with sweeping statements) just say #notallrightwing
Spoiler *asterisk* :
#notAllUtterly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom