1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DipNES03 - Stab in the Dark

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by LightFang, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

I think he just baited you to answer something directed at "Britain". ;)

2. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

!#@$Z%$.

I completely didnt realize that. I need to read posts more thoroughly.

3. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

This calls for a stealth edit!

4. Foozicaba

Foozicaba Warlord

nah. I was just saying that because Germany can support his A(ruh) into bel and Britain can only convoy without support...

and... there could be a bounce for nwy XD between britain and russia XD

5. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

Orders will be in later tonight. Though I cant just this minute though.

6. jalapeno_dude

jalapeno_dude AKA Panda Judo Eel

I want an update! *riots*

7. LightFang

LightFang "I'm the hero!"

Still require two orders. ^^; Sorry about that, dearie.

8. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

Edit: In!!!!

Carp. It took 3 minutes.

9. jalapeno_dude

jalapeno_dude AKA Panda Judo Eel

Who do you need now?

10. LightFang

Well, Prime Minister j_eps just turned his orders in, so the only person whom I need orders from is King Iggy.

11. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

are you accepting my story orders?

12. LightFang

j_eps: Oui, avec plaisir.

13. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Sending... sure is a busy day.

14. Foozicaba

Foozicaba Warlord

i hope i dont screw up like the last 4 diplo...

15. LightFang

@Everybody: He's making an inside comment. He was absolutely destroyed in all the Diplomacy games he was in. ^^

Game 1: Standard. Russia. Betrayed by Turkey, got mad at Austria mainly. Franco-Austrian-Turkish victory. He was the first to drop out, but not the first one killed. We never technically finished, but to count the point scores for our running total, I gave everybody equal supply centers, except I had one more (since I had pretty much orchestrated the whole deal).

Game 2: Standard. I forgot, but this made him mad at a certain player, and he decided to go get him for revenge. England would have won -- the rest, I forget, since I wasn't in it. It died because of GMing stupidity (granted, I didn't GM this one). This game didn't get counted.

Game 3: Standard. Russia. Protected himself from an Austrian backstab, then refused to sue for peace at the status quo (nothing had changed). Allied himself with Turkey and kept trying to press the attack to no avail. This is why the East was very boring in this game: he refused to give up his attack. Meanwhile, I was down to my one supply center in Portugal due to his betrayal of our NAP. He plunged Europe into basically an alliance system war: England, Italy, Austria-Hungary vs. Russia, Germany, France, Turkey. We prevailed in the end , although he dropped out eventually (although not the first -- that was Turkey). This game, once again, didn't finish due to all the losers giving up (except for, notably, France, who fought until the end!)

Game 4: Youngstown. Italy. He declared an "Operation Austria" and publicly told all of his plans of "revenge" against everybody who had ever betrayed him. When we insisted that doing so was stupid and that one shouldn't carry over past grudges, he insisted that he "didn't care". He dropped out (again) when it became apparent that this version turned out to be eerily similar to World War II: It was the Axis (Germany, Italy, Japan) against the rest of the world. Germany had took Belgium and foolishly declared war on Russia, Japan had annoyed China and Russia with its encroachment, and Italy, as said, alienated herself from her allies. He was the first to drop out.

Just some interesting history.

16. Foozicaba

Foozicaba Warlord

well, im trying really really really hard in making my every moves now XD

Edit: first of all, game 1: i didn't how to play
    game 2: i was one turn behind everyone else

17. LightFang

Update 2
    Fall 1901

Headlines from around the world

AMERICAN CIA OFFICIAL SHOWS UP IN BREST.

CHINA DECLARES WAR ON JAPAN; SEIZES THE PHILIPPINES QUICKLY

INDIA TURNS VIOLENT; ATTACKS FRENCH COLONY OF SAIGON.

ITALIAN TROOPS DESERT DEFENSE OF ITALIAN COLONIES

--

This is a new kind of war. The world has never experienced a war like this. Fueled by only secret treaties, the world is left in the dark as to what precisely is happening in Europe. Conspiracy theorists cry of a cryptocracy, that the whole war is just a front to waste troops and that people should stop engaging in war. They are mostly ignored.

As such, I can't even guess at what's happening. Troops statistics are available, but nobody will tell me who he's really fighting at the moment. As such, I'll do my best to tell the general public.

We start in the West: Britain and France are apparently at war. A British invasion struck for Brest. They came within miles of the city when the French Third Division showed up, pushing the English back. A series of horrible blunders by the British led to the embarrassing retreat back to London. This gaff by the British makes them the laughingstock of Europe at the moment.

They have also expressed a desire to take Belgium, a desire preempted by the installment of a German garrison there.

An officer said: "Talk about moving our fleet into the poppies of Belgium. We want their beer g'dd'mn't!"

Sadly, this doesn't look to happen currently.

France meanwhile brings truth to that saying "The Pyrenees no longer exist." The Iberian peninsula, for good or bad, is now French.

The Russians annexed Scandinavia, finally realizing their dream of Scandinavian domination. They now control the Baltic sea trade, a prospect that many find scary.

Austria and Italy are apparently at war. Austrian General Franz Ferdinand led the Austrian First and Third armies in an attempt to take Venice. This attempt was blocked by Italy's Giuseppe Mussolini. Both sides fought to a bloody standstill.

Greece meanwhile loses its independence. Morale there has shrunk to an all-time low. This reporter predicts a resistance movement to crop up again.

Reporter Quentin Watson, of the London Times, out.

--

The man was sickly. He just looked unruly. He was blond, with blue eyes -- a typical American.

They had found him floating adrift at sea. They had thought he was dead; he had been bloated. He drifted into shore, where he landed on the shoreline. The people ran to see the spectacle. He was alive.

They called a hospital; he was unconscious. They found a set of identifications on him that claimed he was Trevor J. Stanley, a writer from California. They looked in his wallet and found that he was also Michael Q. Arbuckle, a schoolteacher from Arkansas.

The hospital called Interpol; they had responded that no name had been found under his alias. Medical care was given to him.

A week later, he emerged from his coma. He refused to say anything, but he awoke in a frightened state. The staff tried to calm him down, but he would only mumble half mad things.

"Virus," he mumbled. "Hush," the nurses said, as they readied an IV solution. "Aliens, Sophocles, the cold war! Oh God, it's all coming true, everything, the spiders are coming..."

They found 50 cc of morphine and a needle. They dabbed his arm.

"No, oh God, no, not the stuff of dreams again," he said, thrashing. A group of burly doctors moved to pin him down. He thrashed and bit at them, but thanks to his wasting away, he was unable to break free.

"They're silencing...the nightmare, the darkness! You can't make me go back, can't make me, where the reds bite and the speakers hear, you can't, you can't you can't!"

He roared. They injected him. He slowed down, grew sleepy, and stopped.

Interpol called. He was a CIA agent by the name of George W. Smith. Nobody knew who he was; nobody was talking.

They moved him to intensive care and bolted him down with lambskin and waited. He sank back in a coma, and still they waited. Waited for answers. Waited for truth.

--

Some of MjM's orders were iffy (specifically, A tyr s --> F tri and A ser s --> A bul both came out as "Province m not recognized". I was going to interpret those as A(Tyr) S F(tri) and A(Ser) S A(Bul), but I decided to go for what you were aiming for. It looks like you planned a A(Tyr) S F(Tri)-Ven and A(Ser) S A(Bul)-Gre. If those aren't what you wanted, too bad! :D It doesn't make any difference.

Austria: F tri -> ven
    Austria: A tyr Supports F tri -> ven
    Austria: A ser Supports A bul -> gre
    England: A wal -> bre
    England: F nwg -> bar
    England: F eng Convoys A wal - bre
    France: F mao -> por
    France: A mar -> spa
    France: A gas -> bre
    Germany: A ruh -> bel
    Germany: A kie -> den
    Germany: F hol Supports A ruh -> bel
    Italy: A ven Holds
    Italy: F tys -> tun
    Italy: A tus Supports A ven
    Russia: A stp -> nwy
    Russia: F rum Holds
    Russia: F bot -> swe
    Russia: A gal Supports F rum
    Turkey: A con -> bul
    Turkey: A bul -> gre
    Turkey: F bla -> sev

--

Fall 1901 Movements
    Spoiler :

Fall 1901 Build
    Spoiler :

Builds
    Austria: +1
    England: +0
    France: +2
    Germany: +3
    Italy: +1
    Russia: +2
    Turkey: +3

18. Foozicaba

Foozicaba Warlord

nice try j_eps, i saw that one coming XD

19. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden Deity

20. LightFang

It doesn't stand for "central intelligence agency". :O!