1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout mod.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by MarineCorps, Apr 10, 2004.

1. fe3333au

fe3333au Chieftain

My pleasure ... keep up the good work :D

I should have mentioned that it is a unit created by Vuldacon

2. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

@FE3333au, yeah I followed the link and requested of Vuldacon for a proper brain and spinal cord, but never fear we will find a place for the original screech to.:D

:nuke: Cheers, Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

3. fe3333au

fe3333au Chieftain

:bump: Hi guys thought I'd give you all an update.

Thorgrimm in his divine wisdom :rolleyes: :lol:
    ... has invited myself and the extrordinary Vuldacon (unit maker supreme) to join the Fallout Testing Team.

We have both accepted and have been play testing for about a week now

Version Update
    > Still in pre Pre-Beta
    ... Thor released a patch couple days ago
    ... which fixed up a major crash to desktop issue which strangely occured only when playing 2 of the available civilizations :thumbsup:

Things are indeed looking positive :D
    ... Although I will keep you updated here, for those so inclined visit Fallout : The Rebirth of Civilization for more discussion and information
    ... this is the site too where you can request to join the Testing Team and DL the latest testing version.
    Aside ... you must be accepted on the Testing Team to gain access to the DL.

There is still much to do, however things are progressing ... The Fallout mod is not Dead [party]

Anyone Heard of this Problem ???
    There is another Crash to Desktop which occurs in the city screen when you right-click on an improvement that has already been built.
    > Ideas on the cause for this ???

New Unit Gossip
    Vuldacon is busy working on a new unit ... the "Crawling Brain".

Here is a teaser of the progress thus far ...

... Man that is going to be some crazy unit :crazyeye:

Finally ... ask questions or request specific information ... I'll do my best to answer.

BUT :nono: don't ask this one ... as I will only answer this one rare time
    When will it be released ??? ... When it is ready and Thor is happy with it !!! :p

4. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

LOL!
    A crawling brain. :D That's a must-see :)

5. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the PCX of that popup box might be corrupted in some way. I'm not sure what the name is of that one though...

6. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

It happens to me with Anno Domini. Rob didn't know what caused it and I just stopped to click there. ;)

7. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

@Aaglo, check out the Fallout mod site for a preview of the Crawling Brain.:D

@ Flamand, and Supa, Vuldacon thinks he may have solved that dilemma, and here is the portion of his post that gives a possible solution;

Vuldacon Wrote
    If it works, maybe you can let the others having this same problem know of the fix for it.:D

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

8. Flamand

Would you be interested in a FO style interface for your mod? Kind of like I did for ST, but with Pipboy 2000 style? :)

9. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Flamand Absolutely! As the gent who was doing the interface disappeared before finishing it. So yes a pipboy 2000 interface would be awesome! :D :goodjob:

10. fe3333au

fe3333au Chieftain

Hi Guys

Here is a screenie of a pedia screen ... The darkneww works well in game :D

But, as you can see the print is too dark to read ... is there a way of changing font, colour, size, etc .

11. Flamand

I'll give it a try to fix and complete that interface if anyone can send it to me on my email... ;) (see my profile for my address).

12. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Flamand, I don't want to sound too greedy,:D but do you think you could make a whole new interface based on the pipboy 2000 like you had suggested? As this interface has parts from ALL over, not really coordinated. I loved your ST interface and if you could create one for the FO mod, that would be outstanding.:)

EDIT: Flamand, would you like to join the mod team and get access to the hidden tester's forum and DL the mod? We would love to have you as part of the team.

13. fe3333au

fe3333au Chieftain

Thanks Sir :salute:

Have passed on to Thor ... ooops :blush: Looks like the Leader :worship: is on the Ball :lol:

14. fe3333au

fe3333au Chieftain

Actually While I'm here

I'm testing The Enclave they are traditionalists trying desparately to hold on to the old American values.

I have kept the New Reno Mobs capital around for me amusement, but these upstart criminals have become quite tedius so I have a stack of Deathclaws (10/5) A on the mountain poised to attack, sitting over my stack is a Scout Dog (2/1) which I breed in Kennels, they can see invisible units.

The Family's last city New Reno is protected by an immobile PopUp Turret (5/30) D this awsome weapon came with all capitals, unfortunately no one can remember how these powerfull defence units were built. :(

Moving on mass on their way to war with another, are stacks of the Armored Mutant Melee (8/10) B and E these strange creatures are mutants that were affected by the radiation and ... ummm .. changed, they call themselves The Unity and are led by someone ... or something called The Masterwho was formaly a poor soul named Richard Grey.

These stacks of doom pass a Worker (0/1) C from the Vaulters, this group hid in bunkers until the worst of the radiation had dispersed.

15. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

ahmm gameplay question: will there be railroads? and what about airlifting units? (esp for enclave and BOS Blimps?)
    btw the brain is a really cool unit :goodjob:

16. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

17. fe3333au

fe3333au Chieftain

Yes at this stage there will be railroads.

The link I posted in post 1263 (Brain Graphic) will take you to Thorgrimm's :salute: external site ... there you can ask to join the testers ... however regular reporting is expected if you join the team ... that way the mod will quickly get to Beta stage. :D

18. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

@Samez, No arilifting in the mod, but the BOS Airship and the Enclave vertibird can carry one non wheeled unit with it. So there is a limited capability for air transport.:)

@Supa, Since Flamand has joined the team and is working on a new interface, could you see it in your heart to finish the critter models he has? If you can you would be more than welcome to use them in your insects mod. Or we can do some good ole Yankee horse tradin' for the help in getting the units made.;) :D

:nuke: Cheers, Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

19. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

fe3333au > Thanks for the link, but I don't have the time to beta-test and I know Thorgrimm does like 2 debrief per week ;)

Thorgrimm > Which models and what format ?

20. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Supa, we have the Giant Mantis, Deathclaw, And all three versions of the Gecko; Regular, Golden and Fire. Along with some humaniod units. The format is 3DS Max.:)