Fallout mod.

Hey guys, don't you need a Holy Hand Grenade unit & unique resource too ? :mischief:

In fact Fallout inspired me to add this to my mod ... well as soon as SoG makes it. :woohoo:

Holy hand grenade? yeah, the problem with that, this would have to be a Monty Python mod, not Fallout... yeah yeah, there was a holy handgrenade in Fallout, but thats because they were using it from M.P. so was the bridge of death! it wasnt really plagurism, more of a professional nod to M.P. so yeah, Holy hand grenade wouldnt fit in too well...

This mod is more in the spirit of the Original Fallout in look, not Fallout 2. So no Holy hand grenade, sorry.:)

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

Also, did you guys make Dogmeat :D - or at least a wolf/dog for the critters civ. Or are you going to use the Dire Wolf i saw somewhere ...

I just bought the original Fallout, 2 weeks ago. Partly inspired by this thread. One hurdle was it wouldn't play on Windows XP but after some hunting around the web I found a way to get it going. Can't believe I missed this game first time round, must be the wrong age or something.. Heretic Cata, Dogmeat put the kill on Gizmo for me: good mutt! Thorgrimm if there's any messy details you need help on: I'm thinking of diplomacy or pedia text then I'm all too willing to help. Just let me know. P.S I'v only got as far as the hub in my first game of Fallout.

damn ive been checking this topic on and off for a long time and i have to say i really think this will be the most content filled mod ever made. you really arn't releasing it till its perfect, wich is good but its taking a long time now. about how big is the mod in megabytes right now?

Diocide, it is at about 235 MBs right now.:)

@King Arthur, welcome to the world of Fallout.:D

MarineCorps said:
Well dial up users won't be DL this one I see....:lol:

I remember how that was like (so many years ago...) :sad:
I had to stay about 5 hours to DL the first complex mod i played (TAM) and you can imagine my mom's face when she saw the telephone bill... :)

Heeey you guys didn't answer my question - did you make dogmeat/ wolf unit ?

Supa said:
I think I read somewhere in the thread that dogmeat would be in and that they wanted very specific graphics. But now, perhaps I dreamt it. :p

I think i dreamt that too. :)
They should at least add it as a wolf unit for the critters.

HE is one of the main characters of Fallout 1 (and a little bit in 2) (and one of the strongest :D) . He is too cool to be left out. :)

A little OT and then I shut my mouth : I remember I spent a lot of time in the military base, trying to avoid the damaged force-field doors, healing Dogmeat when I couldn't.. :D

@Heretic, yes the wolf is in as a critter civ unit. As for Dogmeat, well not per say, but there is a dog unit produced by the Small Wonder Dog Kennel that produces scout dogs.:) Sorry for not answering your Q, I must have missed it.:D

@Supa, I did to. I wanted to try and keep that mutt alive.:D

:nuke: Cheers, Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

Did you make a unit or did you add one that was already made.
If you made one could i see a preview ?
If not, then which one did you use ?

The dogmeat in my mod would/will be "made" from Cloning Watts :D at genetic engineering (every 25 turns or so).

This is some sort of description... :mischief:

Scientists discovered the remains of a strange wolf-like animal in a barren wasteland. It's muscles seemed a lot stronger than those of average wolves but is slightly smaller that most wolves - it is more like a dog in size.

The scientists also found smth strange at the site where he was found:
About one meter form the dog's body a human body was also found - the strange thing about him is that he was in a lot more advanced form of decay than the dog. Some of this person's clothes have not dissapeared completely - he was wearing some sort of Leather Jacket and underneath it an almost desintegrated blue shirt of unknown origin.

Another strange thing that was at the site is that there are lots of traces of pieces of beef(?) jerky around him. The exact animal origin of this stockpile of food is not certain. Because of this the scientists that found the dog's remains nicknamed him "Dogmeat".

Since human cloning is not allowed, after numerous debates - the scientists decided to clone the "dog" and maybe learn what he actually is.
His clones are extremely agressive and seem to only obey one master. Although he is a lot smarter, he has sudden bursts of energy that give him a lot more strength than his nature counterparts . In this agressive state he will protect anything atacking his master to the death. (also in this state the "dog"'s eyes turn a shade of red )

Protests of the cloning of this strange animal are increasing every day, since some of the protesters think that this is a guardian of Hell and that he heralds the comming of the AntiChrist , and some say that he is the embodyment of a forgotten god of war of a lost tribe from the desert he was found in. No one knows for sure ...

Heretic, I took down most of the previews in this thread because of space limitations. But I am trying to get them all up on the forums for this mod.

I converted the Dobie from FO:T to civ and used that as the scout dog.:)

I was only curious, because due to stupid editor limitations my mod has been split into 3 mods and dogmeat will only be in the last mod (the one without religion - which i assume it will be either done in september or december).

I finished this forcefield just now. Maybe something the Brotherhood could play with? :D

Flamand, heck yeah looks like the pulp sci they would use to protect their cities.:D

Just wondering if this excellent unit from could be of use ... called Skreech

Not a Fallout unit but could be interesting?

Fe3333au, thanks for pointing that unit out. As for being usefull, since this mod is based on Fallout and it's 50's pulp sci fi, I think I can use it. :D

The reason being is as a kid in the 60's I watched a movie that at the time scared me witless, it was about brains and their attached spinal cords that became mobile and began attacking other humans. That movie was from the 50's.;) And that unit reminds me of a crawling brain, in a sort of distant aspect.

:nuke: Cheers, Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

Top Bottom