Guess the map 14: We mapped our sky before we mapped our Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolivia has a coastline!

Bolivia has a coastline!
I think that's enough for me to post the whole thing:

answers.png

Not spotted: Finland in the Arctic, Rwanda-Burundi together (again), and the mysterious disappearance of Leo von Caprivi's strip down in southern Africa.

Also poor Ceylon. Disappeared without a trace and went totally unnoticed. :lol:

Another: In this altered map, Norway has no border with Russia.
I noticed after I posted that I was missing a pixel somewhere there, but didn't want to edit the post to correct it.

I thought the game was over, and Kyriakos won. I thought the colours were incidental.

I am not sure there are any rules for posting maps, the only "rule" is not to do a google reverse image search of the posted map. You can go a long way by doing a google image search of '"something you are interested in" map'. I like using the world bank development indicators which has a function to generate maps but it is not working right now for me. You have to select all countries (the tick in a box icon), then the series (the thing you want to map) and then the year. Another source is the world in data that will make maps of loads of stuff.

[EDIT] Actually looking at the first post there are some basic rules, but not that effect your choice of map.
I see the game has moved on, but for future reference: I intend to learn how to do this, and if I ever get another chance, I have exactly the map in mind (dunno how hard or easy you'd find it; guess we'll see some day).

EDIT: Prince Edward Island is missing in the above map.

Last edited:
Nakhchivan! United by a weird land corridor to Azerbaijan! What have you done to the Caucasus?

Although it was a collective effort I’d say @tjs282 is the winner having been the first to notice:
I'm not sure that counts: I though it was just a glitch... :lol:

Open floor then...?

What is the exact criterion for the map? Other than ‘crossover with Altered Maps’?

I think it was Randall Munroe who pointed out that everything can be found to correlate to population density, but I'll say ‘residential building height’ for the lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom