NBC to Donald Trump: You’re Fired

Somewhat off topic but have any illegal immigrants ever committed massmurder in the US? I imagine maybe around the border, cartel violence but nothing I've ever read about.

This will probably help Donald Trump politically.

Front runner of the Republican clown car no doubt thanks to hes rather crass statements and rambling attacks. Will help him with the Republican nomination but in the US presidential elections will have to twist himself into a pretzel. :lol:

I've been thinking this might push him to being a more serious candidate. I originally thought he was using the presidential run, as he has done previously, to promote his brand and get speaking fees, book deals, better TV contracts, etc. But if those avenues close down for him, he could switch over into seriously seeking the presidency. Especially if he is in first place coming out of a debate, he might go in on a real run.

How do you think it'll play out? I don't want to see him quit because lol.

Here's what I'm thinking will happen.

In the next month or so, Trump will continue his bump in the polls. He's already a top 4ish contender in the early states, he'll say a few more brash things, and potentially force some of the other arch conservative 3rd tier guys to overcompensate (so wait for Bobby Jindal to be even more dumb).

Then, he'll follow the same trajectory as Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, etc, where increased press scrutiny and a candidate who isn't used to that kind of spotlight (which is different from a TV show) starts to make unforced efforts, and then everybody figures out he's actually not a serious candidate, and he falls back a little. There's a good explanation of this here.
http://www.vox.com/2015/7/2/8881175/donald-trump-president

Even if Trump loses a bunch of business deals from what he's saying, I don't think he's honestly THAT out of step with a typical GOP primary voter's feelings here in Iowa or South Carolina. When this fails, he'll have all the CPAC speaking gigs, secondary book deals, and Blaze TV spots he could ever want. Losing a GOP nomination can be a profitable business.

I like the way that the link abbreviates so that it appears as '...rump-president'.

I don't want a plutocracy. I know for sure that rich guys don't have my back. Donald Trump sure as hell isn't going to improve america as whole.
I think he will just double the national debt.

Trump is a big fan of using eminent domain to kick people off their property to enrich businesses like his own

Eminent domain? That's old school man. Nowadays they use asset forfeiture laws under the guise of the wars on drugs and just sell the stuff of to their cronies for a nickle on the dollar.

There is an incredibly nice condo at the southwest corner of 59th and 7th in Manhattan, which is right on the edge of Central Park. Back in the 80s Trump bought out all the units he could and boarded them up, giving the building the appearance of a slum in the making to drive everybody else out.

There is an incredibly nice condo at the southwest corner of 59th and 7th in Manhattan, which is right on the edge of Central Park. Back in the 80s Trump bought out all the units he could and boarded them up, giving the building the appearance of a slum in the making to drive everybody else out.

See? If he had had the political clout he could have just had the cops execute no knock warrants on every unit and seized any where drugs were found. Those get sold to a developer committed to "redeveloping the crime blighted area". After a few rounds of having their doors kicked in the people who didn't have any drugs would have given up and sold cheap also.

That doesn't work on Central Park South no matter how much power the person has. You might as well try to get a no knock warrant on Gracie Mansion.

But intentionally blighting one of the best neighborhoods in Manhattan while drastically reducing property values, just in hopes that he could build another "Trump" building at an extremely reduced cost? No problem.

How many no knock warrants do you think get served on white people who live in multi-million dollar condos, much less every single one of them who lived in a building with hundreds of units?

How many no knock warrants do you think get served on white people who live in multi-million dollar condos, much less every single one of them who lived in a building with hundreds of units?

From a practical standpoint, you would probably only need a handful. That kind of people will run for the hills if a no knock gets executed anywhere in the building...and there is no doubt that with a little homework at least one or two people living in those condos could be caught with some dope. You only get in trouble if the no knock yields absolutely nothing and the target can afford big lawyering, not either/or.

Somewhat off topic but have any illegal immigrants ever committed massmurder in the US? I imagine maybe around the border, cartel violence but nothing I've ever read about.

I'm pretty sure the sniper murders were done by illegal immigrants.

From a practical standpoint, you would probably only need a handful. That kind of people will run for the hills if a no knock gets executed anywhere in the building...and there is no doubt that with a little homework at least one or two people living in those condos could be caught with some dope. You only get in trouble if the no knock yields absolutely nothing and the target can afford big lawyering, not either/or.
This isn't Eastern Slobovia. It's Manhattan.

Even the tiny handful who might have coke would have the resignations of the mayor, the police chief, and the DA before the sun sets. And the rest of the people in the building would be waiting in eager anticipation of a multi-million dollar settlement.

This isn't Eastern Slobovia. It's Manhattan.

Even the tiny handful who might have coke would have the resignations of the mayor, the police chief, and the DA before the sun sets.

Your faith that the growing power of policing will hit some effective limitation eventually is touching, if potentially misguided, but I will leave you to it.

Back to the potential election of the Trumpster-fire!

I just know it is severely limited when it comes to extremely affluent whites. The only other group which gets such a free pass are other cops and their families.

Top Bottom