New Unit: Detective March 20, 2012

I definitely like this guy. I'm thinking he may make a good spy, secret police or Gestapo guy for a WW2 mod. With detect invisible he would be the only unit capable of finding invisible partisans. Hmmm.
Gary, the Fidget and Victory sounds have plenty of room for other sounds to be used. Both are 2.8 seconds in duration and could be changed to "fit" the part better for other unit positions. Those two sounds are really the only ones that could be changed to fit the unit differently.

Gary, the Fidget and Victory sounds have plenty of room for other sounds to be used. Both are 2.8 seconds in duration and could be changed to "fit" the part better for other unit positions. Those two sounds are really the only ones that could be changed to fit the unit differently.

The only thing I dont like is that he walks reeeeeally slow in game. Probably won't have a great many of these units, though. Probably have one autoproduced by a capital every 30 turns or something. :cool:

Excellent unit... I was :lol: at the "Sam Hammer" bit, especially since, before scrolling down and reading it I thought, "Hey, this guy looks just like Sam Spade!"

Wonderful unit, very realistic
I spotted him in DB even before the thread was started ad was probably the first to download.

After Farmers, Company Executive, Civilian and Putrid Zombi (for sure I forgot something...) is you revamping unit line for EFZI Complete (almost) done or you have plans for anyting else?

Wolf 66... I noticed that it had been downloaded a couple of times before I finished posting this thread.

Yes, I am about finished with Units now. I am considering making a Police Car for the Police Station as it would be appropriate. There are certainly plenty of Vehicles in the game and If I make a Police Car, I would place one or two as pre-placed units.

thanks for reply, Vuldacon
that makes sense. I do remember some posting in EFZI2 thread where you complained about scale of available vehicles and boats...
I wonder how you want to manage boats (unless you want to drop them from scenario). IMO Police Boat by NawyDAWG might have a reasonable scale (or can be resized if you do not like it) but I have no knowledge of other similar units that might be coupled to it to equip other factions...

I have a few ships in the game now. There are Aegis Cruisers, Transports, Custom Sailboats, Voyagers and the Zombies have the Evil Transports.

The Cruise Mines are still in the game and I added Many Devil's Reefs around Paradise Island.
Between the Cruise Mines, Aegis Cruisers and the Voyagers, there is Plenty of Power... OverKill actually but it is Needed to kill the Powerful Zombies and the numbers of them in Jungle Island and Adventure Island :) ...the Voyagers also transport 5 Units.

There is not really any problem for the Human Factions getting to those other Islands because each Human Faction has units that can get to them without ships.
The TARDIS is one powerful Unit and transports 3 units with Blitz and Rebase ability.
There are Paratroopers for use and other units such as the Farmers "Old Buzzard" = Crop Duster that can fly units to those other Islands.

Due to the need for speedy gains concerning those Islands, Players will need Aegis Cruisers and Voyagers to gain them soon enough.

I like NavyDAWG's Police Boat and Car but they are too large for my game. If I resize them the Guys riding in those units are far too small.

that sounds promising...
I'll wait and see your new masterpiece.
Before I stop pestering you, I have one more remark as I know your attention for details: "Aegis Cruiser" is probably not the best choice in EFZI context (nearly 10000 tons, 170+ m long, nearly 400 crewmen). What about something like "Patrol Ship". Wyrmshadow made several good gfx that might be used for this. Just to mention few:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5289
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5412
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5343
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5405

Further to this, I have some old Wyrm units not available in DB such as Shershen PTB that may work. Anyway I think it might be worth to ask him for permission before using his old and no more dowloadable units...

cheers

The Aegis Cruiser Facility was established on Paradise Island before the game starts and it Auto-produces Aegis Cruisers. They are needed for Long Distance Bombardment Far across the Island. They only Bombard once per turn and as for their "reality" Specs, I understand your point but they just do not appear to be too huge for the game.

Of the ships you posted links to, the PT32 would probably fit OK as far as its "reality" Size but it would Not Bombard as Far as the Aegis Cruiser.

The Aegis Cruisers are Auto-produced every 15 turns so there are not many of them in game.
The Authorities are the only ones who can build them later in game but the cost is high.

I will consider replacing the Aegis Cruiser with a lesser ship for the Authorities to actually Build later in the game as that makes sense but I will keep the Aegis Cruiser as auto-produced from the Aegis Cruiser facility at the Coast Guard.

The other Human Factions need the Aegis Cruiser in combination with the Voyagers for Game play as only the Authorities can build them later. Even the Authorities need them early.

Players must Kill the Giant Squids before they can reach Jungle Island and Adventure Island early enough. Both of those Islands produce the Colossus for the Zombies and the only way to stop them is to capture those Islands. Cruise Mines can be used to attract the Squids and they can then be Killed using the Aegis Cruisers and Voyagers :)

Excellent animations and sounds again, Vuldacon. Your attention to detail shows that you are at the top of your form. I think the quality of the units and pcxs that you make proves you are your own toughest critic. :) And taskmaster. The results speak for themselves.

Unfortuantely, this song immediately got stuck in my head when seeing the unit.

AnthonyBoscia... Thank You.

You may not know this but I know enough about you all this time to appreciate that your "expertise" and opinions are best taken seriously and I thank you for your comments.

Love Hall and Oates and yes, I totally see how they and their song stuck in your head with this unit. :)
... Man Good to see anyone like the Older music I seriously liked and still do :)

Top Bottom