NOTW L: The Immortals [Game Thread]

My friend Takhisis, I believe the proposed course of action is wise. We Calcarians should agree to hand the Death Mana to Exar, therefore I have to retract my proposal to give it to the priest Jarema.

I'm concerned by this silence. A decision is wiser if made by many.

Is it?

Politicians tend to squabble and waste time, and are corrupt and greedy.

Enlightened feudalism is clearly superior to this form of government. And if the Lord goes ill in the head, cutting it off cures him of the sickness.

I can be persuaded to grant my support to someone for the items they seek. Nothing is asked in return except assurances that you will use them wisely.

I would like to thank everyone who is voted to entrust me with the law mana. I assure everyone that it is in good hands and will be useful in protecting Exar and restoring order to this fair land. These may be trying times for us until we can find this demon or other perpetrators of these crimes, but preventing chaos and panic from overruling the more rational part of our minds will be necessary if we are to pull through. Now now, I'm sure you're all saying to yourselves "oh, of course the adjudicator would say this!" But still this needs repeating. Wise words repeated 1000 times are still wise words.

Now as to the other mana. I do not think Exar would have offered up the death mana if he did not want someone to take it. That is why I think Choxorn would be a good steward of the death mana and Backwards Logic can have the raw mana.

Finally stepping out from the shadows, the Sheaim Knight speaks.

I have watched and listened, rather than offer my own judgement. An action taken in haste can be far worse than no action at all, something me and my kind know well. Yet, we are pressed for time. Exar demands a decision from us, and a decision he will have. For my part, I submit that Frozen In Ice has a use for the Law Mana. I have no use for it myself, and I trust, or perhaps it is simple hope, that he will use it beneficially. Regardless, we shall know soon enough. The Death Mana is something I view cautiously. It is well known that necromancy can be a strong art, and Death Mana is their primary tool when wielding their craft. I would rather we keep the Death Mana out of our own fallible hands, and instead vest it in one who we know will use it to our benefit, one who we know to be innocent of the crimes. It appears to me that only Exar himself can safely wield this mana. Finally, we have the Raw Mana. I have no doubt that many here would love to get their hands on this resource, but we only have a single orb. Of the two primary candidates suggested by the others thus far, I would cast my vote for KingMorgan. Good or bad, the Amurites have a special affinity for magic and mana of all sorts. I feel that this Amurite has a better use for mana than than most of us here, including the lord that would claim the mana for himself.

Servant, bring me some wine.

Of course, sir, would you like that to be of Amurite sparkling, Ljolsafar white, or Calabim red? If none of them suits you, we also have in stock some fine Sheaim vintages made with 100% orphan labor.

After some consideration I believe it is in my best interests to give the Raw mana to KingMorgan

And the Law Mana to TheLastDays

I am still uncertain of this Death Mana and do not know where it should belong so I will not enter the struggle for possession.

My friend Takhisis, I believe the proposed course of action is wise. We Calcarians should agree to hand the Death Mana to Exar, therefore I have to retract my proposal to give it to the priest Jarema.
Yes indeed, King Exar should get this Death Mana as a show of our loyalty. But I know now whom to award the other mana to.
Of course, sir, would you like that to be of Amurite sparkling, Ljolsafar white, or Calabim red? If none of them suits you, we also have in stock some fine Sheaim vintages made with 100% orphan labor.
I am told the red wine has such a colour because the orphans agree to shed some of their blood into it in exchange for hugs. Is there any truth to that?

The Guard continues to wonder philosophically while doing unspecified guarding. Then he wonders, why should Visorslash get that mana. What is his argument? And what is KingMorgan's?
The fate of the world may well hang in the balance.

I am told the red wine has such a colour because the orphans agree to shed some of their blood into it in exchange for hugs. Is there any truth to that?

Certainly not! We would not taint our wine with some... some... blood... from the strays! No, all of the blood comes from traced and verified lineages. Please see the catalogue provided by the ministry of Agriculture to see which lineage and which breeding pits the blood in each vintage originated from.

Oh. well, you see, hugging orphans is something I could do when it's not my shift, so I figured I could make a few extra gold silver copper pieces hugging the little tykes, and a bloodstained chainmail always helps scare off intruders when guarding.

The adept grins at the witty servant and asks for a Ljolsafar white.

I'll toast to our Ljolsafar allies. I'm not sure our guests want the Calabim red - it most certainly is an acquired taste.

Takhisis wonders at this long day and thinks, would there be any ale for a thirsty guardsman after his day shift is over?

The Vampire King, Exar, looked over his guests. He notices the guardsmen look like they are losing focus. It has been a hard and long day for them... He thinks to himself, that perhaps an extra ration of ale will elevate their mood. It must be a sorely testing time for them when the other guests are drinking wine.

On second thoughts, maybe they should work for that extra ale and make sure the tally is right...

The adept grins at the witty servant and asks for a Ljolsafar white.

I'll toast to our Ljolsafar allies. I'm not sure our guests want the Calabim red - it most certainly is an acquired taste.

And I shall toast to our glorious Calabim allies!

Declared the ambassador as she asked for Calabim red (not because she enjoyed it, but as a token of proper appreciation to the host nation and its customs)

Takhisis the guard thinks to himself that, being concerned with guarding, he's not really a guest and as such would be interested in keeping his ale warm until someone else has relieved him of his post.

Methinks that the Raw Mana should go to Visorslash for now.

Raw Mana belongs to me, Visorslash

My Lords, I must request the Raw mana be allocated to me. I will be able to put it to good use in hunting out those who would harm us.

The others I will dictate to those who support me, your loyalty will be rewarded.

what know you of hunting?

I'm twice the bowman that amurite wish he was and thrice the demon hunter to boot. And take four times as much the drink as that light weight adventurer babbling around

The King, Exar, the death mana. I, Kennigit, the raw mana

a governor can have the law mana, I respect that. Verarde

ninjaedit for colours

Why do you speak like that, like a simple peasant, in front of these august Lords, eh?

Top Bottom