The shortest God thread opening post and poll, with the longest threadtitle on CFC-OT

agnostic?

• Total voters
Agnostic about what? There're lots of things I don't know about. I have no idea what's under my couch right now, for goodness sake.

You can still be largely (culturally) Christian and agnostic.

Believers who have ever questioned their faith, even once, should probably answer agnostic.

Agnostic about what? There're lots of things I don't know about. I have no idea what's under my couch right now, for goodness sake.
The Earth is under your couch.

If you haven't bolted it to your ceiling.

Now that's very unlikely but impossible to know for sure.

Damnit.

I think everyone here knows that I'm agnostic.

That is not how you voted though.

You can still be largely (culturally) Christian and agnostic.

Believers who have ever questioned their faith, even once, should probably answer agnostic.

That is not logical. There is nothing wrong in questioning anything, and that is the biggest problem with christianity or so it seems. They do not question it.

I'm certainly not a Gnostic.

I'd consider myself an Agnostic Theist, but not a Fideist.

Faith and reason are not inherently hostile or even separate. Completely isolating one from the other is impossible and attempting to do so is often quite destructive. Faith should not be accepted blindly when it contradicts all reason (or when reason shows that it contradicts itself), but reason requires some faith as a starting point. Human reason is the greatest tool we have, but it is still fallible and does not allow us to know anything meaningful (trivial tautologies excluded) with absolute certainty.

That is not logical. There is nothing wrong in questioning anything, and that is the biggest problem with christianity or so it seems. They do not question it.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with being an agnostic. :)

I agree, there is nothing wrong with being an agnostic. :)

There's withholding judgement and there's intellectual cowardice. Strictly speaking, I cannot be positive Classical Hero's idea of god is wrong, but it would be snivelling of me to say I'm agnostic about it.

Going off first sentence of wiki definition (and some of the discussion in other thread) I say no.

I don't have any uncertainty in my beliefs and I don't think the existence/lack of a deity is unknowable. I think its been proven false.

Are we talking about the hypothetical existence of some sort of supernatural force/presence/diety/mayonnaise in general, or God from the Bible? Changes my answer.

Are we talking about the hypothetical existence of some sort of supernatural force/presence/diety/mayonnaise in general, or God from the Bible? Changes my answer.

If it helps, I think there is sufficient philosophical justification for believing that a God exists, but I think the Bible, or indeed any holy book, has zero bearing on that subject. I voted Yes.

If it helps, I think there is sufficient philosophical justification for believing that a God exists, but I think the Bible, or indeed any holy book, has zero bearing on that subject. I voted Yes.
Those are basically the same as my views on the subject at hand.

This thread is false. The poll could be so much shorter, in fact it could be 60% shorter, since he didn't have to put the answers out in full, since a simple Y or N would have been enough. I am disappointed.

In the strictest sense, yes. In an everyday sense, no.

Me as well. Sort of.

I am just a guy who doesn't believe that God exists. This makes me an atheist.

I am also a guy who doesn't think that certain religious claims might ever be knowable, in the scientific sense. This makes me agnostic.

Top Bottom