Tom's Unit Factory

I might us this to replace the barbarian ship, let the storm cause some damage.
I replaced barbarian ship with old model of hurricane a year ago when I started to create my own mod. But the new unit from Tom is superb and it will take a naval domination in the ancient era of my mod. :)

Thank you, Tom, again. :)

Hmm. Thunderstorm. Reminds me something...
THUN-DER! Aha-aha, whoa-whoa, whoa! THUN-DER! Aha-aha, whoa-whoa, whoa! :)

Woah, really powerful shotgun he's got there. :)

That is a good idea you mentioned, using fortify to have the cumulus turn into the T-Storm. Only thing with that is, if the cloud is fortified, it becomes 'still'! It might be strange seeing a still cloud. I can't remember off the top of my head if removing the Fortify action from a unit actually works in all cases (AI can still fortify IIRC).

In the .ini file:

[Animations]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=
WALK=
RUN=
ATTACK1=
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=
DEAD=
FORTIFY=
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=
VICTORY=
TURNLEFT=
TURNRIGHT=
BUILD=
ROAD=
MINE=
IRRIGATE=
FORTRESS=
CAPTURE=

Fortify hold option. From what I recall, this actually works, and one of the scenarios (I think a Veitnam war one back in the day) had the Veitcong's animations messed up and played the victory on the Fortify hold option. And thus was constantly cheering. :p

I haven't double checked in like forever, so it might have been the default that was mixed up with the victory animation, but I recall it was fortified in a city.

tom2050, your stagecoaches are wonderful! :clap::clap::goodjob:

Hey everyone! Tom, just wanted to thank u for all the wonderful units! I signed up on the forums today just to say this. I'm currently working on a huge fantasy mod, and it's great to see there is still interest in civ 3! Anyhow, keep up the good work buddy. :crazyeye:

Black Coach (4 Horse version)

Has Civ Colors. Horses are Atlantica Online units. Stagecoach model from Google Warehouse. Horse animations from AO; other animations by tom2050.

Seems there is a small Flicster tear in the default FLC because of the 220x220 size. I will try to get rid of it and reupload the correction.

Download here... BlackCoach-4H.rar

Unit32, Large/Small pcx, and Sound Files included.

Woah, really powerful shotgun he's got there. :)

Yea, I realized that later on. :) Those industrial folk didn't mess around!

Hey everyone! Tom, just wanted to thank u for all the wonderful units! I signed up on the forums today just to say this. I'm currently working on a huge fantasy mod, and it's great to see there is still interest in civ 3! Anyhow, keep up the good work buddy. :crazyeye:

Like the Meteor Man said, Welcome to CFC! :band: :beer: :cheers:

BTW, I love fantasy mods! Are you going to post it once it's done? (I do hope so!) Or is it a personal mod?

Are you sure Fortifyhold work ? Not sure why, but I thought it didn't.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it worked.

Give me a few minutes to fiddle around and test it...

EDIT: Huh, so it doesn't. Maybe it was the default animation I got it confused with.

Anyone be interested in me doing Civ 4 worker unit conversions...? there are quite a few of them, and they would be pretty quick and easy to convert over to Civ 3.

Quick glance shows these:
African Worker
Celtic Worker
Germanic Worker
Hun Worker
Magyar Worker
Mongolian Worker
Slavic Worker
Turkic Worker
Elven Workers
Arabic Muslim Worker
Ottoman Worker
Egypt Worker
Railroads! Worker
African Worker (Medieval)
Arabian Worker (Medieval)
Caucasian Worker (Medieval)
Hungarian Middle Age Worker
African Modern Worker
Asian Worker (Modern)
Employee
Female Worker
Modern Worker Reskin: Construction Worker
Worker Marine
Oriental Worker
Green Space Worker
Space Worker
Post-Apocalyptic Settlers

I believe there are many many more, this is just a list I found with a quick search.

I'm all for workers, but I fear they won't have the quality of those made with Plotinus' paper doll. Not because of your conversion skills, but because they've been made for CiV which gives them a "distinctive" look, to put it politely.

:lol: Distinctive politely describes them perfectly. Perhaps I will do one and post it, to see how it looks. And then see if it's merited to continue or not. The low poly models might be able to be improved through mesh smoothing (or w/e 3ds calls it), and the textures can be improved upon as well (if they make enough of a difference in quality).

Top Bottom