• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

UK CFC meetup mark II

Please vote for a WHERE and a WHEN you want the meet!

• Total voters
Rik Meleet said:
Of the 4 choices you give me there is only 1 called Farnborough, Greater London so that will most likely be the "Farnborough Greater London" I meant. :crazyeye:
Good to see you're still on the ball. :mischief:
Rik Meleet said:
Is that anywhere near the city-center ???
As you can see from the map, the answer is "no". You will have to depart at about midnight to get a last train "home" most likely. I'd be happy to make sure you left London see you to the necessary station.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Midnight sounds a lot better than the 15:30 I got last time.
This time I have no other plans, and neither do the people I stay with. I could decide to stay out all night and take a first train back or call them to pick me up. :D Well, that's not my problem right now. Is Farnborough <-> Starbucks (1) on Oxford street a bit ok to do? I know now that Malmesbury <-> Starbucks (1) on Oxford street isn't.

BCLG100 said:
anyone know when the last/first trains to 'the north' are?
Dude, I didn't post the National Rail Enquiries link (just above) for nothing you know. Friggin', drunken students. :shake:

Rik:
I've no idea what you're on about with your "<-> Starbucks (1)". Care to post in English?

BCLG100 said:
*returns high five*
We have :high5: now, you know!
Birmingham, we can all top and tail with sophie
Top and tail is for beans or peas. If you're planning to cut my head and feet off, I'm not coming! :scared: :cry:

[Wins the Silly Quote of the Day award [party]]

Rambuchan said:
Dude, I didn't post the National Rail Enquiries link (just above) for nothing you know. Friggin', drunken students. :shake:

It wont tell me how much for some reason but theres a train at half 1 in the monrin and half 6 so i'll be fine! :D

and sophie-well its just plain not as hip/hop/retro as **'ing

Sophie 378 said:
[Wins the Silly Quote of the Day award [party]]
Your mantlepiece must be groaning under the weight of all these awards you've been winning lately.

*thinks of at least three that you've awarded yourself in the last few days*

BCLG100: Well done. I look forward to watching you walk away to get your train. :D

Sophie 378 said:
Silly quote of my day. :p You remember some others? I don't - they dissolve overnight, like fairy gold. :lol: :crazyeye:
The :old: award for paper bank statements, is one that sprang to mind. There was another one that I thought of when posting, but it ran away just now. I'll maybe catch it and put it in a quote box some time. Regardless....

~ drumroll ~

*Awards Sophie the Most CFC Awards Award*

Sir! I am deeply honoured! Shall I make an acceptance speech?:woohoo: :thanx:

Anyway ... we seem to have the most votes for London, and probably December/before Xmas. Yea or nay? I'm happy with this.

Sophie 378 said:
If you must. But please, keep it to the alloted 1 minute and no longer. There's a commercial break to consider.

Sophie 378 said:
Anyway ... we seem to have the most votes for London, and probably December/before Xmas. Yea or nay? I'm happy with this.
This is what I've been saying since page 1!!!

Minor bombshell:

I'm actualy going to be in New Zealand in late December (flying on Christmas day). So, errr, Whomp, Rik et al - wanna sort out a break away meet up? :D

December before Christmas is OK by me :D

For Rik:

Farnborough <-> Starbucks (1) (where we met last time on Oxford street): looks like you can take the Northern line (Black) straight north from Waterloo to Tottenham Court Road. Tube map linked below for anyone that needs it.

Tube Map

@Ram: I think 15-17 December was mentioned....

Filthy Tabs took a beating last I heard. Who won the boat race eh?
The real question is, "Who cares?" Who won the rugby match? And I think 'won' might be a bit of an understatement this time round.

Don't give in to the lazy Londoners! This is an international site and too many foreigners already have the idea that London is the only place in England. Lets show them how many other great cities (that smell less) we have.

Rambuchan said:
This is what I've been saying since page 1!!!

CFC is like a mini democracy, we need to fight it out in a long debate, then ultimately decide that the first option was the best. :p

But no Ram for the meetup? :(

Sophie 378 said:

Don't forget to thank the Academy.

Rambuchan said:
Minor bombshell:

I'm actualy going to be in New Zealand in late December (flying on Christmas day). So, errr, Whomp, Rik et al - wanna sort out a break away meet up? :D
We can't have a CFC meet without you Ram :love:

(seriously)

Well your going on christmas day and we're meeting before then, i see no problem...

and i think everyone shall enjoy that show ram.

Top Bottom