Dune - A Civ 3: Conquests mod

Maybe you should have Tool Adaptation be a prereq for Windtraps because you can't build them without pyons anyway.
Gisli

You've got a point, but then then techs will fill five rows instead of four. I suspect that might look pretty cramped up in the game... Perhaps I should remove Tool Adaption for now and simply allow people to build Pyons from the start of the game?

The leaves five starting techs though, and I would like seven like in the basic Civilization scenario. Anyone got some good ideas?

Not sure if this mod is still going, but if it is I would like to make the resources for it.

Obviously Spice and Water would be the first 2. What about the worms? Any other ideas?

It seems this mod can perhaps be revived, if people are willing to aid. :D

As for resources Water and Spice is surely a must. Water should a Water Cache though, since no open source of water exists on Dune.

Having Worms as a resource could be a good idea... then we could have the worm resource graded into let say three resources: Young Worms, Old Worms and Shai-Hulud. These worm resources should be very prone to disappearing and reappearing.

I still have Baron Harkonnen to work on, then I will procede to work on Duke Leto Atreides and then followed perhaps by Stilgar. This all depends on the iron will of my high school circulum, however.

Great Dr. Yoshi. As I said before the Baron is very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing him animated.

Anyone still thinking of it ?

I've found a copy of Dune2k, I could convert some graphics without problems (buildings).

I've also found a way to take screenshot under DOS (viva DOSbox), so Dune 1 and 2 are also accessible.

>> Having Worms as a resource could be a good idea... then we could have the worm resource graded into let say three resources: Young Worms, Old Worms and Shai-Hulud. These worm resources should be very prone to disappearing and reappearing

But, they wouldn't be so frightening ;)

I'm still thinking of Worms as a Barbarians unit.

But the little.. truits (?) of sands could be a good resources.

Well if you kept the worms as a resource could you then not use them for Worm Riders?

A bit like horses in normal Civ.

Also what about the Orni's(sp), though I can't remember if they were ever armed. I have the complete set of DVD's that were made on a few of the books. Made for TV by the Sci-fi channel and I am sure that I saw an armed flying craft. Must go back and rewatch!! There was also references to the SAND STORMS. Far fetched as it sounds could you not produce a sand storm unit and have it as a barb?

I don't remember the Ornis of the books but in the second game, they were definitly a air power.

A barbarian Sand Storm is a very good idea and I am suprised it haven't already been said. Anyway, I remember a 'spell' unit who could do it.

Mmh. I don't think Civ3 can use 2 barbarians units in the same time. It switches from Barbarian 1 (Warrior in vanilla) to Barbarian 2 (Horsemen) but doesn't build B1 anymore. Worms or storm, we couldn't have both.

Perhaps a twisted minor civ for the worms ?

I like this mod idea. Is someone doing the dirty work of putting these suggestions into a biq file or collating them and putting them in a spreadsheet?

Originally posted by Supa
A barbarian Sand Storm is a very good idea and I am suprised it haven't already been said. Anyway, I remember a 'spell' unit who could do it.

Mmh. I don't think Civ3 can use 2 barbarians units in the same time. It switches from Barbarian 1 (Warrior in vanilla) to Barbarian 2 (Horsemen) but doesn't build B1 anymore. Worms or storm, we couldn't have both.

Just make the B1 the sandstorm and B2 the Worm. When worms come on the scene you shouldn't be too worried about sandstorms. Alternatively, it might be possible to change the effects of plague to mimic a sandstorm just by changing the text in the script.txt file and changing the graphics that show birds wheeling above your cities -don't know if the latter is possible tho'. I could post the question in the main formum.

Actually I think that the barbs do build basic and advanced units at the same time. Even when there are horsemen defending the barb encampments, there is always one warrior defending the encampment at the bottom of the stack after the horsemen have all died.

Originally posted by subbss
Actually I think that the barbs do build basic and advanced units at the same time. Even when there are horsemen defending the barb encampments, there is always one warrior defending the encampment at the bottom of the stack after the horsemen have all died.

This is true.

:D Sardauker storm the Storm :eek:

I love the idea of Storms represented through the current Plague.

IIRC we can have barbarian hut that creates resources when they are destroyed... if this is correct we could have worm spawning barbarian huts become worm resources if they are destoyed. Either way I would like both a worms resource and a barbarian worm unit.

EDIT: Perhaps storms are better represented by the plague than by an actual unit.

EDIT2: Corrected a serious grammatical error... must have been very tired. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom