1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Valka D'Ur, Apr 16, 2020.

1. haroon

haroon Deity

If this is true, then my steam should recognized my epic games game ownership right? And it's not. There is no way I will buy civ content on epic game, the price is too much.

2. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I didn't see a steam key mentioned anywhere on their site. Briefly looked into this for my friends, so it's possible I missed something though

3. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Why would Epic Games give a Steam key? :confused: They're trying to compete with Steam.

Steam won't let you buy DLC unless you own the base game... on Steam.

hobbsyoyo and haroon like this.
  4. haroon

haroon Deity

Good to know this earlier..

5. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I read this in the voice of Ross

Synsensa likes this.
  6. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

Every single time I plug in my eReader (Kobo Aura HD), Windows wants me to check the drive for issues. There never are any. Any idea what might be going on?

7. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

Windows thinks it's a USB drive, which in the most primitive terms an eReader is. Just with a screen attached. Default Win behaviour for removable drives is to check them for issues. I'm pretty sure if you search around the net you can disable that feature.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  8. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

9. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

Related to Birdjaguar's advice, are you disconnecting it properly, i.e. telling the OS to disengage or unmount or whatever it calls it (often it just says ‘remove safely’) before physically removing it?

10. aimeeandbeatles

I use Calibre to eject it.

11. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Question to the peanut / peanut-free galleries:

Is there too many travel threads right now? I have a big project I'm working on that's finishing up June 15th or so. That's just over 3 weeks. I'll definitely be too busy to post anything for at least the last half of that.

So I'm considering maybe stopping earlier? Or just doing a post every 5 days or something. I can fit that in.

What would people who care prefer? If there's no feedback I am tempted to do the 5 day thing and see if it works out for me, and then June 15 I should in theory have more time to ramp up production

edit: I have a new idea. I bought a new camera for this trip, and it's a mirrorless thing that saves in .RAW. I will figure out a way to process the .RAW files one by one instead of posting the .jpgs. The hike is basically starting now, so that's even a good time to do that. Every couple days I'll post a new photo I've processed.. documenting the rest of day 1 of the hike. First I just have to find the right software..

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 10:49 PM
  12. Takhisis

I cannot travel elsehow. So no.

haroon likes this.
  13. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

i support letting work come first. Your thread is at a nice break point as you begin your hike. Maybe post it in neat sections that allow you to get your work done and then feed a bit more. rinse and repeat. Your prologue has now whet our appetite. We will still be hungry when you are ready to tell the heart of the story.

14. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I think I figured out a good approach, it's in an edit in my post. These are now going to be mainly scenery pics, so I might as well process the .RAW files and make them look good. There's also cool shots of yaks and other stuff like that, it would all look better processed. It's going to take a bit of time to figure out too, so it will give people time to look through everything I've written that basically sets the scene. The only thing you haven't seen is the scenery and what things look like on the trail. Once I have shots processed I will trickle post them in some reasonable fashion

Birdjaguar likes this.
  15. Takhisis

Careful there, you might end up like those people who spend more effort cheating for an exam than those who actually study for it.

16. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

You do what makes you happy man. Your threads bring value to the forum and are well received. But if you don't have time or don't feel like doing them, then that's fine too.

17. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Whatever works for you. Don't feel that you have to do something here that you don't really have the time or energy for. This is just a hobby, after all.

18. aimeeandbeatles

Has anybody ever taken gelatin into a low/zero-gravity environment?

Birdjaguar likes this.
  19. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

20. aimeeandbeatles

I don't know what I was expecting.