1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Estebonrober, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patine

Patine Deity

It's funny that's no one has tried it. In fact, simply brushing off inane attempts at baiting as a whole, without resorting to vulgarity and personal insults, are very rare on this forum, for some reason...

2. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Actually, I for one have decided to simply skip any posts by Patine or Berzerker and/or replies to them, Gorbles. It makes reading the thread far easier.

Back to the actual topic of this thread, Donald Trump continues to refuse to concede. I wonder how many people will be hoodwinked into giving money to his election-challenging efforts.
    And let us not lose sight of the fact that this is still a stress-test of the elections and in 2024 if not 2022 we should see a repeat of this, trying to snatch even a couple congressmen if it helps, because it helps.

hobbsyoyo, aelf and Birdjaguar like this.
  3. amadeus

amadeus Civ2 / Law and Order!

He’s got two weeks until electors meet, and it’s my understanding now that Biden is being given the same security briefs as Trump. The non-concession thing continues to be, thankfully, just a song and dance routine.

GenMarshall likes this.
  4. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Trump only gets two bullet points and a picture in his briefing. Anything more is too taxing for him. I'm sure Biden will something more substantial.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  5. Verbose

Verbose Deity

Birdjaguar likes this.
  6. Samson

Samson Deity

TV news reporting that Biden is now getting daily briefings, but Trump has elected not to get them for a while.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  7. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Trump 20 years ago.

GenMarshall likes this.
  8. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

To anyone that says that it has been shown that there was no cheating, note them as propaganda junkies. Here is a report on the much discussed vote dumps. From the conclusion.

This report studies 8,954 individual updates to the vote totals in all 50 states and finds that four individual updates — two of which were widely noticed on the internet, including by the President — are profoundly anomalous; they deviate from a pattern which is otherwise found in the vast majority of the remaining 8,950 vote updates. The findings presented by this report [28]suggest that four vote count updates — which collectively were decisive in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Georgia, and thus decisive of a critical forty-two electoral votes — are especially anomalous and merit further investigation.
    https://votepatternanalysis.substack.com/p/voting-anomalies-2020

42 EV is enough to swing the election. The report notes that these patterns are only suggestive, but it's very suggestive. If you believe in science, you also believe in digging deeper.

J

9. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

All that does it spend a lot of words claiming fraud as the reason for the evolving difference in votes without actually saying anything as to why it's fraud. The author isn't known, or even public, and there is no effort to explain the alleged difference in a benign way. All it does (as usual of conservative sources) is allege foul play in the generic without actually providing evidence.

To anyone who believes in this uncritically simply because it looks like the author took an intro to stats course, note them as propaganda junkies ;)

Arwon, Sommerswerd, cardgame and 6 others like this.
  10. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

Well, let's think about what causes 'vote updates'. It's when a polling station (or multiple ones if reporting results at same time) has stopped counting and reporting what they have. So the largest votes totals would be in the most populous areas, which would not surprise me if these were where the 'jumps' for Biden were. Highly populated areas tend to vote more D than R. And in many highly populated areas, especially one with a significant black population, it is not surprising, or sometimes expected the vote will be 80-90% for the democrat.

So the area that is most heavily D is also the area with the largest number of total votes, this will obviously cause the largest 'jump'.

11. Samson

Samson Deity

10,000 words, no abstract. Care to summarise it? I just started, and it does not seem to make sense:
    In other words, it's not surprising to see vote updates with large margins, and it's not surprising to see vote updates with very large ratios of support between the candidates, but it is surprising to see vote updates which are both

Why? Are they not mathematically related with the total vote number? So in this graph:

If you added vote number you would get a constant function? So all they are really saying is that there were 4 large pro-Biden sets of votes, because Biden gets votes in densely populated areas?

[EDIT] From wolfram alpha, yeah they are directly related with sample size, but how is "(x-y) / log(x/y)" related to "the average wait time to roast a 10 lb turkey"?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  12. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

38 judges are propaganda Junkies. Got it!

I agree, reaching rock bottom is no reason to stop digging. Keep digging J! And tell the courts all about it.

Love,
    Ziggy Propaganda Junkie Stardust.

edit: Is this the one?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wisconsin-vote-dump/

I lose track with all the "fraud" cases you guys are finding. :)

But you can dismiss all this as Propaganda, bubble integrity is secure.

Sommerswerd and hobbsyoyo like this.
  13. Ziggy Stardust

By the way
    How has that been working out?

Sommerswerd likes this.
  14. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

I mean siting anonymous blogs for analytical information is still a step up from accusing Hugo Chavez of attacking America from the grave. . .lmao the amount of pathetic these days. . .

Sommerswerd likes this.
  15. aelf

aelf Ashen One

16. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Finest triple-distilled 200 proof projection folks

Sommerswerd likes this.
  17. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

No it doesn't say that at all. It explains in detail why four outliers are suspect and merit closer examination. There is a great deal of explanation why the outliers are likely caused by outside factors.

Quite well. Thanks for asking.

That's one explanation to test, I suppose. The point is that more tests are warranted.

J

18. GenMarshall

GenMarshall High Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Though I’m not resting my laurels because I’m not gonna get blindsided if Trump does pull it off and wins via contingent election if neither candidate gets 270 on the 14th of December. I don’t know, but that’s just the realist-glass-half-empty in me.

19. Ziggy Stardust

Yep, and at the time no one was surprised because they were mail-in ballots from densely populated areas, and they released the results in one go.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-biden-vote-dumps/

Do not attribute to conspiracy what can easily be explained by demographics.

edit: And the best (saddest) thing about this is, Trump knows it too. He's playing his base for suckers, and doing so quite blatantly and transparent.
    Good to hear! Already looking forward to the next one :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  20. aelf

aelf Ashen One

You say this as if you know what the test entails. Given your grasp of knowledge, I'm not even sure you can find your way around a can opener.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.