1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi Bison for Old West!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-Figure Units' started by Wotan49, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Jerry'sGoldfish

Jerry'sGoldfish Emperor

thank you for your reply balthasar, i only hope i can help with my little critic

2. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

The colors and the animations of the Water Buffalo unit are directly from the game Atlantica Online game. I didn't change them. I also probably won't watch Water Buffalo in their habitats and attempt to animate them according to their natural behaviors. ;)

If you wish to alter the animation, or animate an attack of your own, I can send the files over to you (or just download Atlantica Online). You can use Blender (free) to do so. I am not familiar with how Water Buffalo act, and just don't have the motivation to find out. :) I can make a darker/blacker version if you want.

You can also just take the jump attack (Attack2.flc) out of the INI if you don't like it. No one is forcing anyone to use it.

---

Here is American Bison that I came up with. I considered adding fur to it's frontal back area, like in this pic, but decideded against it; can't be seen well from Civ scale anyways.

I'll try to get it up soon. Obviously there are color variations to them. If a lighter/darker version is wanted, it can be done also.

3. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

Somewhere I have an unfinished Giga map of California. These guys would be perfect as preplaced barbarians in Santa Catalina Island (which I was going to make a dedicated map for once upon a time).

Great work!

4. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

It looks good. Why not a white bison ?

Perhaps Balthazar could use it as a capturable preplaced unit that some Amerindian tribe could capture and upgrade to a Princess-type unit or an unit you could sacrifice (+ Culture).

5. Wotan49

Wotan49 amateur handicraftsman Supporter

tom2050
    :thanx:
    Wool around the neck as a dark brown body brownish gray(dust of the prairie),
    :cool:

Wotan49
    :old:
    Old man tinkering

6. Wotan49

7. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Whoa! That is an awesome bison herd! You did spectacular job on mixing up the animations with it!

8. Wotan49

thank you tom2050 of Bison is also a huge good work from you ;)

with best regards
    Wotan49

9. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

I love them. They look great, Wotan! Yippie Ti Yi Yay...see the Buffalo play...

10. Wotan49

Balthasar

Thanks, as were the words that we play as Children Cowboy and Indians used! :pat::cowboy:

Wotan49
    Old man tinkering