NOTW L: The Immortals [Game Thread]

meow

Spoiler :
OOC: Glad to see you all again. It's gonna take me a while to get up to speed here, and to dream up a suitable (non-feline) RP persona. But feel free to start spamming my inbox with the usual wild theories, attempts at blackmail, and arguments as to why I should bestow all my worldly possessions upon you. :)

:woohoo:

The adventurer adventures back into the room with some fine foie gras that he has liberated from somewhere.

WHAT HO EVERYONE, READY TO KICK SOME ASS TODAY!!!?

PARTICULARLY YOU STUCK IN PI, HOW ARE YOU TODAY? THOSE STAB WOUNDS HEALING WELL?? INCIDENTALLY, I HAVE HEARD IT SAID THAT GENERALLY, WHEN YOU GET STABBED, YOU BLEED FOR A WHILE, AND THEN DIE. YOU SEEM TO HAVE TAKEN A WRONG TURN AT STAGE 1 AND CARRIED ON LIVING. IMPRESSIVE STUFF, FOR A BOOKISH CONSUL!!!!! MIGHT I ASK WHAT YOUR SECRET IS??

KILL FIRE I AM AFRAID YOUR VOTE SWITCH AT THE END OF THE PREVIOUS DAY STILL SMELLS LIKE AN ATTEMPT TO BLEND IN TO ME. AMIDST ALL THIS BANDWAGON TALK I'D RATHER NOT SEE THAT GET LOST.

MY OPINIONS ON TODAY'S MANA SHALL BE WITHHELD FOR NOW AS NEITHER OF THESE MANA CAN BE USED TO INCREASE MY STUNNING GOOD LOOKS. ASKTHEPIZZAGUY, TELL ME, WHAT BENEFIT DO I GET FROM VOTING THE DEATH MANA TO YOU, WITH YOUR AFFINITY, RATHER THAN VOTING IT TO EXAR, WITH HIS CONFIRMED INNOCENCE, ACCESS TO POTENTIAL EXTRA HEALING THROUGH DEATH MANA, AND HIS AFFINITY?

"You owe me nothing, sir Catharsis, great gigantic warrior who will undoubtedly kick all the asses of all the worthless demons and usurpers in our midst.

Vote me the death mana only if it pleases you. I already favor you, so your voting me the mana wouldn't make me like you any more than I already do, but it would not just please me, it would greatly assist me. And I will endeavor to assist you.

If you wish to give it to King Exar, I respect the wisdom of your choice."

"And to be clear, I will be voting you more body mana whether or not you give me the death mana. Again, the choice is yours to make and I won't stop favoring you, my strapping champion, if you do not wish to favor me.

My only wish is to see you destroy everything in your wake, champion adventurer and dangerously handsome young man, Catharsis....."

"My gregarious Gregorian adventurer.... oh how I'd love an adventure with you.... :w00t:

Sorry, drifted off there for a second. What's that, Sir Kennigit? Give Exar the Death Mana or die? Then I shall die, as you wish... but my life may have more uses. To dispose of me in such a manner is unwise.

I will use the Death Mana in service to our noble King, I assure you."

I didn't know you were planning to wash the death mana and present it to the King in a grand ceremony!

"Let our King Exar have his Death mana, although there is still a little bit of doubt in my mind here. Why does he offer the Death orbs up to our vote if he has need for them (after all, they do seem to aid him in his health) and can just claim them by virtue of his royal prerogative? Methinks he has little need for this voting and should claim what is his by right.

One thing I do not understand, though.

Why did our Axeman, Backwards Logic, take a lot of heat for calling somebody on a bandwagon that looked suspicious? It was a typical last-hours change of vote with barely any reasoning at all at the time. Why does he get accused and threatened for that? There just seems to be a behind-the-scenes consensus that this was a worthwhile action - while it can definitely require some extra attention. Explain yourselves please, for as far as you've not already done that."

Axeman, my associates wish for me to remove you from this plane of existence.

I also am displeased that you are trying to harm my friend, the one known as choxorn.

I offer you a compromise, while I am feeling patient:

Either assist me in getting the death mana, or remove your vote for the one known as choxorn. In return, I will tell my allies to be patient about you.

I do not deal in threats, but a compromise seems fair, does it not?

So you basically say you can 'remove me from this plane of existence,' and that your 'associates' want me gone. Any idea why they want me gone? Do YOU want me gone? Am I barking up the right tree and it's making them (and by extension, you) uneasy? It's just a single vote; I haven't actually done anything to you peeps, yet it's sparked this response from you. I'm not removing any vote from choxorn until I get a reasoned response that doesn't border on blackmail, i.e, do this or else. This isn't a compromise like you claim, so stop trying to take the moral high ground. Looks and sounds like a threat to me.

And no, I'm not voting anything to you until you step up to the plate and explain some things, because in another time and place you'd be jumping down their throats, just as I have here.

"Do I want you gone? No....

And the political game bores me. I only play it because it is the only game in town.

I would like the death mana. I'll sing and dance to get it. But I do not think I would actually threaten to take your life for it.

It's not the gentlemanly thing to do.

As for choxorn, I have strong reason to believe he is not a threat to us. Many of us know that strong reason. He should have your vote removed, for he is not the one running around immolating us.

If he is a Usurper, we will find that out in time. But he is no Demon, my dear Axeman. Of this I am completely sure."

The Vampire King stretched out his arms in a yawn. "I think the reasons for giving me the Death Mana are there for all to see. Though, for me to benefit from it truly, there is another requirement. The question that I leave for you to decide is whether that is in the best interests of helping us stop the demons and/or other threats?"

Exar then looked around the hall. "I notice that there are several people who have not said a peep. Please contact me in private if you have any reservations or issues to discuss. I am happy to provide assistance if I am able."

The Prespurian Lord frowns.

Backwards Logic will have to be left for another day. Spaceman98 was very quick to jump his vote around to find a good one to settle on. Notable candidates were Darth Caesar and NPC.

I think the Ljolsofar ambassador might be a shape shifting demon. Of course someone with privileges like an ambassador will be checked and examined the least. Maybe he was trying to save his partner?

In order for Exar to benefit from the death mana we have to lynch people with a majority of the votes. That is not that likely at this stage of the game. It is much better to give it to someone who can use it more reliably.

I am also dissapointed in the lack of people coming forward with word of being attacked. There are lots of vampires feeding at night, and that will show as an attack. I know of some individuals that were fed on last night. A failure to come forward will lead me to believe you have something to hide. You can come forward privately if you like.

Choxorn seems to be fine for now.

However, I personally believe that something as dangerous as entropy mana should be sealed away to someone whom we can trust. Preferably it should be destroyed. I have heard that the demon summoners of Sheaim use such magic to summon and strengthen demons, the likes of which are attacking us.

I'm willing to bet that one of the Sheaim delegation, such as AUTOLYCUS THE MAGISTRATE is a guilty man.

First, he happened to accuse a governor of the Calabim nation and then he asks for the entropy mana, not because he has an affinity towards it, but rather to quote unquote "strengthen the search for the traitors among us." This isn't refusing to give reasons for wanting an item or actually outright declaring the reasons for wanting an item. This is half-assed attempt at reasoning.

I say we put some pressure on him and see what happens.

[OOC: I am here but currently dealing with RL while waiting for certain private responses before actively participating in the discussion. Just to let people know.]

The more I think about things, the less I think choxorn could be a demon, though I still don't like the flip. I'm willing to see where the pressure on Autolycus leads, so I'll cast my vote there.

The Prespurian Lord frowns.

Backwards Logic will have to be left for another day. Spaceman98 was very quick to jump his vote around to find a good one to settle on. Notable candidates were Darth Caesar and NPC.

I think the Ljolsofar ambassador might be a shape shifting demon. Of course someone with privileges like an ambassador will be checked and examined the least. Maybe he was trying to save his partner?

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for me to come forward. Tonight, I had the following strange conversation with Kennigit, who has currently been offered the entropy mana (a type that could be used for evil) by my accuser, Visorslash, even though he has not requested it. Moreover, he is currently demanding that Exar get all the death manas (just like Takhisis the usurper), even though these may benefit the investigation more in different hands, as the glorious king has himself acknowledged by offering them to us for vote.

Kennigit said:
spaceman98 said:
Kennigit said:
How is the ljosalfar diplomacy score going?

I am an innocent human loyal to Exar, I have nothing against the elves and wish to work with you all

I know that you're goals may not be the same as mine but I feel that threats against me are threats against you.
As you can see from a conversation between me and Sprig in the OOC thread, sadly, my knowledge of the diplomacy score is as good as yours. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12818392&postcount=114. I will do my best to raise it, but as of now, no promises.

I don't care if you raise it or not (it seems to be based on offensive actions, and I heard political games are happening between various nations)

I care about killing demons and protecting exar (which means eliminated his usurpers as well).

I have much respect for the elves, I wonder what their goals are.

This seemed highly suspicious to me for the following reasons:

1: He claimed "normal human" the easiest and least testable claim scum can make (albeit one that matches what his role is supposed to be, to an extent). Now, he is being awarded the entropy mana for no clear reason, which hardly matches the role of "normal human".
2: He started out with the question
How is the ljosalfar diplomacy score going?
. As you can see from the last 2 updates, the killers have been working hard to cause a war between the Ljosalfar and Calabim, so inquiring about the diplomacy score may be one way that they are trying to figure out why their efforts to start the war are failing.
3: After I answered the diplomacy question he then tried to learn as many PGs as possible, not just mine but also the other elves.
I wonder what their goals are

This seems to me to be an enemy, probing for information. The fact that so many, including the suspicious TBK have been so willing to give him the entropy mana, without him even asking, looks even stranger. This information was sent to Visorslash (whom I trusted at the time) and several other people, whom I know are concerned with ensuring Calabim-Ljosalfar peace and can vouche for me. Visor then asked me to roleclaim, which I did (since at that point, Jaremma, who I thought was Visor's partner was dead and confirmed town), and unlike Kennigit, Visor thus had my trust. Visor has now voted for me, in an action that will clearly achieve the same aim that our enemies have been working towards for some time: A Calabim-Ljosalfar war. Thus, I am inclined to suspect that Visorslash and Kennigit are both mafia, especially since I had privately given visor a list of people that can confirm my town status, since we shared the same PG (so our role PMs mentioned each other), but Visor still insists on voting for me (hence causing maximum possible damage to the diplo score).

Regarding visor's accusation, I changed my vote often yesterday because none of the cases looked convincing. The main accusation against Choxorn was that he had asked for death mana. The main accusation against Nintz was unsubstantial. I voted for Darth Ceaser to place more pressure on him, until I realized that unlike inactive DC, NPC will never say anything, but will always act at night. Once NPC got claimed, I wanted to give classical a chance to speak up, so I changed to Robbiecon, whose votes seemed like following the crowd.

Regarding today, Autolycus should get the entropy mana, since he is not Kennigit. Also, while I support using death manas to find the usurpers, I recognize that the glorious king Exar can also benefit from them. Hence I would like to Offer my own death mana for public vote and give it to Exar (OOC: I started the game with this)

Top Bottom