• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tom's Unit Factory

here is a view of a Nubian Slinger to 80 percent finished

actually align only!

Best wishes to the unknown donor! :thanx:

Wotan49
:think:

Attachments

• Nubian_Slinger.gif
    Nubian_Slinger.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 636
Ares said:
I'd prefer CivArmy's scale for the elephants. :)
A pic just to compare size. You may see 2 issues with the CivArmy's elephant (in the middle):
1) a "tower" on the elephant is big as elephant itself. It doesn't seem to be correct. Yes, it's possible to make it smaller, but the result - horse knight (on the right) will be bigger than elephant -> :confused:.
2) as already mentioned, the horse is as big as elephant. WTF? :)

A quick note here: mounted units from Imperator a bit bigger than mounted units from Sandris, so there's no "scale issue" with them. But, I suppose, it's better to make a scale compatible with units from both creators - that's why suggested a scale from Imperator.

Attachments

• Units_Sizes.gif
    Units_Sizes.gif
    74.2 KB · Views: 87
I must ask this about slingers in "military" service.

Is it only around the Med that this was used. How about Asia, India, Persia ?
There was probably some sling use in India as elswhere. AFAIK it was not a significant part of their military history.

Additional Units:

PS Actions - Files *
* An action-script File and 2 psd files. One for unit sizes of 150x150 and one for unit sizes of 200x200.
Open the unit storyboard and then the appropriate-size psd file, and run the appropriate script. It will auto 'fix' the storyboard so the directions are replaced into the correct spots.

Storyboards/PCX included for each unit. Storyboards are almost Civ 3 ready. The directions on the storyboard are not in the right order for Civ 3 though, so this needs to be modified before they can be properly used. Is this a pain to do manually? Yes it is very annoying. I've uploaded my PS script I made that does this automatically.

Sry Tom I am not familiar with Photoshop. ( I assume this is done in photoshop ) How do you run the script?

Moderator Action: Do not post regarding the disputed units here or elsewhere. Do not edit posts to add or remove references to the situation - at least until it is resolved by staff. Any of that increases the complexity of our task & makes resolution more difficult. Be very careful to avoid PDMA.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

There are some nice videos on slinging

Great, thank you! I've had some practice with a medieval staff sling, and it's amazing what amount of velocity and power the projectile can develop! By now, we were using stones when throwing on an open field, and soft tennis balls when shooting at ourselves, but it takes a lot of practice. I hope I'm going to improve over time.

There was probably some sling use in India as elswhere. AFAIK it was not a significant part of their military history.
Really? Not even in the North (west) where the mountains make it more usable (instead of a jungle)?
There are some nice videos on slinging
Great, thank you! I've had some practice with a medieval staff sling, and it's amazing what amount of velocity and power the projectile can develop! By now, we were using stones when throwing on an open field, and soft tennis balls when shooting at ourselves, but it takes a lot of practice. I hope I'm going to improve over time.
You either have a lot of free time or organise your life to a somewhat unhealthy degree if you have the time to practise staff sling use.

Hmm, could you learn how to use a hoopak then?

Top Bottom