Random Rants LVI: Raving Mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohannaK

Heroically Clueless

Because we all know CFC deprives us of meaningful work, and that makes us stark, raving mad, starving hysterical naked,
dragging ourselves through the negro threads at dawn looking for an angry fix.

Here's a window to the past:
Spoiler :
Random Rants (The Original!)
Random Rants Two
Random Rants 3
Random Rants 4: Keep Complaining
Random @#%& rants 5: Life is a female dog.
Random Rants VI: See, this is why we can't have nice things!
Random Rants VII: Why do they ALWAYS do that?!
Random Rantii VIII: When will Latin DIE?
Random Rants IX: I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore!
Random Rants X: Mraarrrrrrr!!!!!!
Random Rants XI: This Title Actually Has Some Imagination
Random Rants XII: It's Alright To Cry
Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
Random Rants XIV: You're gonna love my nuts
Random Rants XV: Like a Fine Whine
Random Rants XVI: Whambulance Dispatch Center
Random Rants XVII: Rage Against The Machine
Random Rants XVIII: It's cold as hell!
Random Rants XIX: Failure Tactics
Random Rants XX: I CAN'T FIND MY FAGS!!!
RANDOM RANTS XXI: Relapse
RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome
RANDOM RANTS 23: Christ, you know it ain't easy!
Random Rants #XXIV - The Angry Mob
RANDOM RANTS XXV: Put a Smile On
RANDOM RANTS XXVI: Those Damned Kids!
Random Rants XXVII: The Rent Is Too Damn High!
RANDOM RANTS XXVIII: Everything is Flammable
Random Rants XXIX: Watch your %*$@ Language!
RANDOM RANTS XXX: age-restricted
RANDOM RANTS XXXI: I hate my job
RANDOM RANTS XXXII: I'm In a Glass Case of Emotion!
RANDOM RANTS XXXIII: World, Y U make me fed up wit U?!!
Random Rants XXXIV: Severe Cussing and VERY Illegal Pony Fights
Random Rants XXXV: BANNED IN THE UK
Random Rants XXXVI: Can't Sleep, Clown Will Eat Me
Random Rants XXXVII: The Server Is Too Busy
Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems
Random Rants XXXIX: Coming up with a title is stressful
Random Rants XL: I'm having trouble growing my wood
Random Rants XLI: Life won't take the lemons back!
Random Rants XLII: The Four-Part Plan
Random Rants XLIII: So Much Whinging Your Head May Explode
Random Rants XLIV: I Can't Find The Answer
Random Rants XLV: Isn't This Just a Ray of Sunshine?
RANDOM RANTS XLVI: Slightly More Than a Month-ly Edition #1
Random Rants XLVII: I don't like food anymore!
Random Rants XLVIII: Worst. Thread Title. Ever!
Random Rants XLIX - IT CHAFES MY ARSE!!!
Random Rants Νʹ: Pissed tae th' gills
Random Rants LI- Hell hath no Fury, like a Woman Scorned
Random Rants ნბ: WE FORGOT THE ANAESTHETIC!
Random Rants LIII: F My Life
Random Rants LIV: I Took An Arrow In The Knee
Random Rants LV: The Joy of Ranting

Another Rant's thread....there goes the PCs, again.

40 top tier quality posts of mine going to go to cfc archive prison I guess :(

Rant: got an audition in a couple weeks for a regional jazz competition, and this one piece is completely killing me. Waaaay too many eigth note runs.

My queen "B" matriarch cat just stole a chicken leg off my plate in the time it took me look away to set the TV show. I didn't even hear her do it. I want to be pissed , but those boss sneak skills impressed the hell out of me. She'd make a great Khajiit.

My queen "B" matriarch cat just stole a chicken leg off my plate in the time it took me look away to set the TV show. I didn't even hear her do it. I want to be pissed , but those boss sneak skills impressed the hell out of me. She'd make a great Khajiit.

You clearly do not understand the realities of cats. Just because she decided not to share her chicken leg with a lowly minion does not mean that she stole it.

Name a Khaijiit after her in Skyrim, begin a Thieves Guild run :p

New rant thread, yay!

So I have something to contribute: CKII has really suffered from reduced performance after RoI came out months ago. After about half a century in, it will always start getting slower and slower until it comes to a crawl by a century and a half. The devs haven't done much to alleviate this either. Given how low-end my PC is, this is disappointing.

:lol: You're right, I forgot my place in the home hierarch.

You're lucky the reminder was so gentle. Just not allowing you to have a chicken leg. It could have been far worse.

i still don't have enough cash to renew my passport, i spent da monies for hairdresser and lingerie.

So i don't have 9 to 5 job yet and lessons i give are only thrice per week. And i got hyperactivity and i'm unemployed. I will apply for the closest mall again and hope they don't notice my IQ which is appereantly thrusting through my pants and my blouse.

I hope this is a rant.

So I had a pretty good gig running that has gone haywire.

Full context: Leaving work is my favorite part of my weekday. On a per day basis, it's the longest period of time between when I have to be back at a work function.

The formal schedule for my office is 7:00 - 16:30. Operational facilities and such run that, with a 30 minute lunch at 12:00. Sometimes they go on 10 hour schedules, like 6:00 - 16:30 or even earlier, at certain parts of the year (e.g. summer time when it is hot outside and when workers are outside, etc), or some things have rotating shifts, etc. We "match" their normal schedule.

But we're in an office environment, and you don't have to match the exact operational facility schedule. A lot of people do though, partly out of habit.

Now, I show up ~7:56 +/- 3 minutes (99% confidence interval, unless something is scheduled) and leave at 17:00. I eat my lunch in 5 minutes at my cubicle so I don't really take it out of my time. Other people eat lunch at their offices or cubes too (no one leaves for 30 minutes and comes back), some may take a half hour or some eat quickly and don't mind working 9.5 hours instead. I don't care and I don't know; besides, most people aren't chugging away all day (talk to others, surf the internet, surf phone, whatever throughout the day) so who cares if they call it lunch or whatever. Either way, most people (this isn't a ton, <20 for context) leave at 16:30.

Suddenly this week people are deciding to apparently go crazy with their schedules. People are just leaving at like 17:15. Now, since I show up later than these people, I can't really justify leaving before they do (and I'm certainly not in any position to do so, in terms of work performed or years here or whatever. I'm new.)

So now I gotta sit around and wait for these people to leave before I can leave, and I'm 80% sure that 75% of them aren't just showing up significantly later. They're showing up at like 7:15 and just leaving at 17:15 for no apparent reason.

I just want to leave work.

6/10, would still complain about thread title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom