Insects MOD (Discussion & unit preview)

The Last Conformist said:
The granddaddy of all arachnids, surely, were the great Paleozoic sea scorpions, the largest of which reached lengths of 2m (6'7").

I was talking about the Living ones :p

.... But that gives me an idea for an Arachnid Naval unit: the Horseshoe Crab (the direct descendants of said Paleozoic Sea Scorpions).... Also larger than any of thier land-based cousins, but not as big as their forbearers.

LizardmenRule! said:
The arachnid Battleship equivilant? :D

that's a HUGE scorpion, 2 metres...

Well, the 2M giants have been extinct for several hundred million years, however, their descendants, the Horseshoe Crabs, can reach up to 3 Ft in length (including tail) and up to 1.5 ft accross the carapace....

Hikaro Takayama said:
Well, the 2M giants have been extinct for several hundred million years, however, their descendants, the Horseshoe Crabs, can reach up to 3 Ft in length (including tail) and up to 1.5 ft accross the carapace....

Ive seen Horseshoe Crabs longer than that, but skinnier, maybe a different kind?...they were only 6-8 inches wide, but like 2.5 feet (without tail)...Ive never seen a live one, but the dead husks washed up on the beach all the time, and we would take em to shop class, and varnish them...sold em at fund raisers as ash trays...

they didnt have the tail tho...only a shell...

This is a new ant #1

I have been watching the drawings of Granvil and 'the revolution of the insects', and thinking of the old french stereotypal association of the ants with the english :p

Attachments

• antenglish.PNG
    antenglish.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 242
Spacer One said:
Ive seen Horseshoe Crabs longer than that, but skinnier, maybe a different kind?...they were only 6-8 inches wide, but like 2.5 feet (without tail)...Ive never seen a live one, but the dead husks washed up on the beach all the time, and we would take em to shop class, and varnish them...sold em at fund raisers as ash trays...

they didnt have the tail tho...only a shell...

Horseshoe Crabs do indeed have a tail.... Here's a pic of one belonging to the species found along the Atlantic Seaboard:

yep...thats them...the ones I usually found were skinnier tho...I can only assume the tails were gone due to decomposition...all the ones I ever found were dead...just the outter shell part...

is that thing a stinger?...

How did I miss this thread earlier? I LOVE IT!:goodjob:

Supa, you do know I will most likely be scavenging some of your units for Godzilla, right?

Would you be using the Mothra model in this mod? Also, if you make the larval Mothr it would fit in both mods as well...

Amesjustin: Well, when I was talking about "Them!", I was thinking about you ;-) I probably won't use Mothra in this mod.

SoG: You know, I already thought about making a second Mothra, probably the Eternal. But it's not on my immediate to-do list.

SoG > I've planned to release some of them periodically when the MOD will be finished, like R8FXT did for Anno Domini. Why, do you need them for a specific project ?

ShiroKobbure > I've currently no use for a beetle but thanks for the proposition. For the LHs, if you've got some good models, I'd be happy to see the result. If not, no sweat, I could probably do some myself. :)

I need unit ideas for the Bee civ. Beside the unit you saw and the Queen, I've got nothing.

Top Bottom