Insects MOD (Discussion & unit preview)

For the anthills, the "hill" can grow bigger with the colony. It happens with the rufa. Termites and Ants may have only two city size.
For the bees, I've got something special for them and perhaps I'll need only one size only. Problem solved. :)

>Frog as barbarian - Incompatibel sizes between an individual insect unit and a "barbarian" of that size... compare an ant and a toad - and make scaling for a game screen :-\
Even large carnivorous beetles and spiders might be too big if compared to bees and ants - to say nothing f birds and frogs.

Supa, is there any way I can get you to let me have in advance of your mod release a couple of your bugs for the Fallout mod? If not I can understand.:)

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

As an Osmia cornuta is making her nest in my windows, I wanted to maker her in this mod. One of the earliest bees to appear around here, I'll make it as a early scout in the game.

another good unit of yours, Supa :)

KGhm... I noticed you've made a collection of egyptian buildings and farms - you' re keen for Ancient Egypt?
I've just returned from a vacation in that country and during the beach-relaxation I happend to make an "Egyptian" scenario based on the Mesopotamia scenario of C3Q... I altered technological tree for the Bronze age and and made several entirely new unique Egyptial techs only available for them (Like "Ta-Kem Hieroglyphs" allowing building of the unique Temple of Tot that subsequently gives free Egyptian priest archives to enhance science (since no ordinary library is available without clay resource and that only exists in mesopotamia) etc.), altered Egyptian city names (so that they now do not sound stupidly Greek or arabian), changed terrain passabilty, added new units (naturally - entire set of Egyptian units + two species of war elephants for Sumer and Phoenicians, Assirian "iron infantry" + unit-producing buildings etc.
If you or someone else are interested - I could share it but I do not know how to do it technically...

Ok, I shall "discuss" it in a new thread.
William, I'd love to, but how to include new units in the scenario while posting it???
Ok - let's go to new thead.

Wow, this is the most original and unusual scenario ever!

Have you considered jumping spiders? Most species have the most fantastic, iridescent coloring and they jump like crazy... the next best thing to parachutists. Speaking of which many species of spider will release some silk into the wind and then go sailing.

Could the ants train beetles to act as armor? I mean if they can herd aphids around... or are you maintaining a strict zoological accuracy.

No scarab or any sort of beetle planned for the moment. I've got enough work with the current planned units. No new spiders are planned either for the same reason.

These insect units are looking sweet and I have to give props to the totally original mod idea. I was wondering if you plan on making any carpet or stag beetles or cicadas. Or grasshoppers? I am asking because I might like to use some of these units in my Transformers Mod as a basis for insecticons. The bees look great!

Well, the answer for these insects is the same as for the beetle : Are they eusocial insects ? No, so I won't need them as buildable units and I can hardly integrate them as a predator for the spider-civ.

By the way, this mod has been back on the worktable for a few days. :)

Top Bottom