1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Insects MOD (Discussion & unit preview)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Supa, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

For the anthills, the "hill" can grow bigger with the colony. It happens with the rufa. Termites and Ants may have only two city size.
    For the bees, I've got something special for them and perhaps I'll need only one size only. Problem solved. :)

2. jamesundquist

jamesundquist James Leader Of Jambylon

How bout a frog as a barbarian (I know its not an insect but frogs eat insects). :s

3. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Perhaps my evil revolted bleeding cut-down forest which i just so happen to have just made can serve as a bee city? :D
    It can easily increase in size while keeping the same pattern.

4. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

5. Onza

Onza green shadow of the Past

>Frog as barbarian - Incompatibel sizes between an individual insect unit and a "barbarian" of that size... compare an ant and a toad - and make scaling for a game screen :-\
    Even large carnivorous beetles and spiders might be too big if compared to bees and ants - to say nothing f birds and frogs.

6. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Khm...marine compaerd to the aircraft carrier..

7. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Supa, is there any way I can get you to let me have in advance of your mod release a couple of your bugs for the Fallout mod? If not I can understand.:)

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

8. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

9. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

As an Osmia cornuta is making her nest in my windows, I wanted to maker her in this mod. One of the earliest bees to appear around here, I'll make it as a early scout in the game.

10. William GBTW

William GBTW 73h 1337 H4x0rz

11. Onza

another good unit of yours, Supa :)

KGhm... I noticed you've made a collection of egyptian buildings and farms - you' re keen for Ancient Egypt?
    I've just returned from a vacation in that country and during the beach-relaxation I happend to make an "Egyptian" scenario based on the Mesopotamia scenario of C3Q... I altered technological tree for the Bronze age and and made several entirely new unique Egyptial techs only available for them (Like "Ta-Kem Hieroglyphs" allowing building of the unique Temple of Tot that subsequently gives free Egyptian priest archives to enhance science (since no ordinary library is available without clay resource and that only exists in mesopotamia) etc.), altered Egyptian city names (so that they now do not sound stupidly Greek or arabian), changed terrain passabilty, added new units (naturally - entire set of Egyptian units + two species of war elephants for Sumer and Phoenicians, Assirian "iron infantry" + unit-producing buildings etc.
    If you or someone else are interested - I could share it but I do not know how to do it technically...

12. William GBTW

William GBTW 73h 1337 H4x0rz

13. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

14. Onza

Ok, I shall "discuss" it in a new thread.
    William, I'd love to, but how to include new units in the scenario while posting it???
    Ok - let's go to new thead.

15. 7ronin

7ronin 海軍少佐

Wow, this is the most original and unusual scenario ever!

Have you considered jumping spiders? Most species have the most fantastic, iridescent coloring and they jump like crazy... the next best thing to parachutists. Speaking of which many species of spider will release some silk into the wind and then go sailing.

Could the ants train beetles to act as armor? I mean if they can herd aphids around... or are you maintaining a strict zoological accuracy.

16. Stormrage

Jumping spiders can predict the future too!

Supa, any chance you could make a scarab? We need one for the Egyptians in the AoM mod :)

17. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

No scarab or any sort of beetle planned for the moment. I've got enough work with the current planned units. No new spiders are planned either for the same reason.

18. Stormrage

Not at the moment, we can use a placeholder for now, but it would be nice if you could make one when you find the time :)

19. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange Chieftain

These insect units are looking sweet and I have to give props to the totally original mod idea. I was wondering if you plan on making any carpet or stag beetles or cicadas. Or grasshoppers? I am asking because I might like to use some of these units in my Transformers Mod as a basis for insecticons. The bees look great!

20. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

Well, the answer for these insects is the same as for the beetle : Are they eusocial insects ? No, so I won't need them as buildable units and I can hardly integrate them as a predator for the spider-civ.

By the way, this mod has been back on the worktable for a few days. :)